5th National Constitutional Law Quiz Competition 2022 | UPES - School of Law
School of Law, UPES Dehradun is organising 5th National Constitutional Law Quiz Competition from 25th - 26th November, 2022.
School of Law, UPES Dehradun is organising 5th National Constitutional Law Quiz Competition from 25th - 26th November 2022.
About the University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun
The University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), sprawling over a beautiful campus in the capital city of Dehradun, was established in the year 2003 through the UPES Act 2003 of the state legislatures of Uttarakhand. Founded by prominent educationalists and industry experts, UPES is Asia's first University that offers a specialized graduate, postgraduate and doctoral program which are specifically designed for core sectors with high growth projections. Recognized as a University with a Purpose, UPES is driven by a progressive vision to create specialized professionals in core sectors who can contribute to the nation's economic growth.
About the School of Law
UPES, School of Law was established in 2007 to produce competent legal professionals. Since then, it has been a pioneer in grooming modern-day legal professionals with a multi-disciplinary edge by providing specialized courses in Energy Law, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, Corporate Law, Taxation Law, Techno-Legal Law, Media Law, and others.
About Society for Constitutional Law & Human Rights
SCLHR is a forum dedicated to promoting research, increasing students' ability to interpret the law in changing situations, and spreading awareness of issues relating to Comparative Constitutional Law & Human Rights. The mission of the society is to promote research dealing with Constitutional Law & Human Rights topics; to make the constitution and human rights, a subject matter to read, explore, discuss, debate, and deliberate upon by the students beyond the classroom.
About 5th National Constitutional Law Quiz Competition
We are very happy to let you know that the Society for Constitutional Law & Human Rights (SCLHR), is established under the aegis of UPES School of Law, Dehradun. In this furtherance, we are pleased to announce the "5th National UPES – School of Law Constitutional Law Quiz Competition", to be organized on 25th - 26th November 2022. The competition is divided into three rounds which will be held in offline mode.
The details of the said round are as follows:
Round 1- Day 1 (Multiple Choice Questions) to be conducted on 25th November 2022
- The quiz will contain Multiple Choice Questions.
- There will be a total of 60 questions with a time limit of 20 minutes.
- Each question will carry 4 marks. There will be a deduction of 1 Mark for the wrong answers.
- A total of 10 participants will qualify for Round 2 based on marks scored in Round 1.
- The participants must be present in physical mode 20 mins before the 1st round starts.
- In the case of a tie, the participant who secures the most correct answers will be making it to the next round.
Round 2- Day 2 to be conducted on 26th November 2022
- A total of 10 participants will qualify for Round 2.
- Each participant will be given 15 questions with a time frame of 4 minutes.
- The participants must be present 20 mins before the 2nd round starts.
- 3 points for every correct answer
- 1 point will be deducted for every wrong answer
- A total of 5 participants will qualify for the final round based on the marks scored in Round 2.
- The final round will have 25 questions.
- The participants must be present in physical mode 20 mins prior to when the third round starts.
- The final round will be conducted in the format of a 'buzzer round'.
- The question if unanswered or passed will be given to the person who initiates the first to answer it.
- The Constitution of India
- Constitutional Law
- National and International Human Rights Law
- All recent legal and political developments
Students pursuing graduate or postgraduate degree in any field of study can participate in the competition. The students will be permitted only if they show their ID Cards.
- There will be a cap of 150 participants. Registration will be based on a first come-first serve basis.
- All the participants will receive a participation certificate.
- In case of any disciplinary issue, the discretion of the organizing committee shall prevail and the participant will be disqualified from the competition.
- Any use of any unfair means found; the student will be disqualified straight away.
- Any participant found using any unfair means will be disqualified.
- Winner: Rs. 10,000/- + Certificate of Merit + Trophy
- Runners Up: Rs. 8,000/- + Certificate of Merit + Trophy
- Second Runner Up: Rs. 5,000/- + Certificate of Merit + Trophy
- Last Date of Registration 23rd November 2022 (5:00 P.M.)
- Event Date and Time:
- Round 1: 25th November 2022
- Result Declaration: 25th November 2022
- Round 2 (Quarters): 26th November 2022
- Round 3 (Finals): 26th November 2022
Registration Link: Click Here
- Prakhar Dubey, Secretary (Research and Documentation) - Student Co-ordinator: +91 89053 95543
- Maitreyee Dubey, Secretary (Debate and Discussion) - Student Co-ordinator: +91 93363 68643
- Deepesh Gulgulia, Secretary (Infrastructure) - Student Co-ordinator: +91 78783 42538
Submitted By: Organising Committee