TALC National Pleading and Drafting Competition | Bennett University
Bennett University is organising the National Pleading and Drafting Competition. Scroll down for details!
Trial Advocacy and Litigation Centre, School of Law, Bennett University is organising the National Pleading and Drafting Competition in collaboration with Centre for Constitutional Law Studies under 2nd edition of Constitution Day.
About the Institution
The Times Group established Bennett University in 2016 with a vision to provide quality education and establish itself as one of the best private universities in India to impart interdisciplinary education. It was established by an Act of the State Legislature of Uttar Pradesh as a private university.
Its six schools with 30+ programs and 70+ leading specialisations in Engineering, Management, Media, Law, and Liberal Arts have positioned it as one of the top universities in India. This has made it a sought-after destination for Fortune companies and leading corporates in a short period, picking talents with prominent placement records.
About the Competition
National PIL Drafting competition is an event or contest that encourages participants, typically law students or legal professionals, to create legal documents known as PILs. PILs are a crucial tool for promoting social justice and protecting the rights of citizens.
Trial Advocacy and Litigation Centre was established to promote excellence in trial advocacy and litigation and to provide resources and support to those who practice law. The Centre’s mission is to enhance the quality of understanding of the Criminal justice delivery system by providing education, training, and networking opportunities for trial lawyers. This competition will provide a valuable learning opportunity for all participants and contribute towards the advancement of the legal profession
PIL on the Right to Clean and Green Environment of Unborn Child.
The competition shall be open for the students currently pursuing their bachelor’s degree in Law i.e. 3-Year LL.B. course or 5-Year LL.B. course from any recognized University/College in India. Only 24 teams for competition shall be entertained on a First come First serve basis. “Individual Participation” as well as “Participation in a team of two” is allowed. Participants from two different universities cannot form a team.
The substitution of any Team Member is not allowed after the registration deadline except in extenuating circumstances and only with permission of the Organizer.
Registration and Payment
- The participating teams can register themselves by filling out the Registration Form: https://forms.gle/JDcWodYzUnehPFJJ6
- Participants will need to register online, and a registration fee of Rs. 600 will be applied.
- Payment Link: [Click here to Pay]
- User ID: Sol_Constitution_Week
- Participants are to select SOL CONSTITUTION WEEK, from the drop-down menu of purpose, on the payment portal.
- The payment screenshot must be attached to the registration form.
- After the successful registration, each participant or team shall be allotted a unique team code for further reference.
- The last day to register for the competition is 9th November 2023.
- All the queries and clarifications must be sent to the official mail ID of the organizers i.e. “[email protected]” and the subject of the mail must read as “PIL COMPETITION QUERY”.
- No query without the subject “PIL COMPETITION QUERY” would be entertained.
Prizes and Awards
- Winner: INR 5000 Worth
- Runner-Up: INR 3000 Worth
- Best Petition: INR 2000 Worth
- Last Date of Registration: 09th November 2023
- Last Date of Submission: 10th November 2023
- Release of the Top 8 PILs: 17th November 2023
- Online Presentation of Top 8 PILs: 22nd November 2023
- Valedictory Ceremony Prize Distribution: 26th November 2023
Brochure: [Click here to view]
Email: [email protected]
- Mayank Shandilya: +91-8797300673
- Samarth Jhunjhunwala +91-6393259200
- Yash Modi +91-8294953476
- Rushil Srivastva +91-8810973437