Online Certificate Course on Writing A Research Paper in Law | School of Legal Studies, REVA University | March 1, 2023.
Registrations are being invited for Online Certificate Course on Writing A Research Paper in Law by School of Legal Studies, REVA University by March 1, 2023.
Registrations are being invited for Online Certificate Course on Writing A Research Paper in Law by the School of Legal Studies, REVA University by March 1, 2023.
About Online Certificate Course on Writing A Research Paper in Law
This course is designed to introduce students to the basics of legal research and writing. Students will learn how to research and write a legal research paper in a clear, organized, and concise manner. Special attention will be given to proper citation and the use of case law in legal research. Throughout the course, students will develop an understanding of how to apply legal research methods to their own research paper. At the conclusion of the course, students will have a comprehensive research paper that meets all the necessary standards of legal writing.
- To provide students with an understanding of the legal research process and how to effectively communicate legal research findings.
- To teach students the fundamentals of writing a legal research paper, including topics such as topic selection, research methodology, and citation.
- To help students develop an understanding of the legal writing process and the importance of using correct grammar and punctuation.
- To help students become familiar with the various legal citation systems and how to use them properly in a research paper.
- To equip students with the skills necessary to write a clear, concise, and well-structured research paper that meets the requirements of the legal field.
Course Learning Outcomes
After successfully completing this course, the students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the research process, including how to formulate a research question.
- Analyze and evaluate primary and secondary legal sources to develop a legal argument.
- Identify the ethical considerations and responsibilities of conducting research in law.
- Demonstrate the ability to properly cite and reference sources using the appropriate academic style.
- Synthesize legal research findings in order to develop an argument.
- Construct a well-structured and logically argued research paper.
- Effectively communicate and defend the research paper’s conclusions.
Ms. Amlanika Bora
- Assistant Professor, School of Legal Studies, REVA University
- NET & JRF, PhD (Pursuing- WBNUJS)
- Author of the book “UGC-NET/JRF (Law) Examination Solved Papers- Subjectwise” (Central Law Publications)
Amlanika Bora is an Assistant Professor (Law) at School of Legal Studies, REVA University, Bangalore, and pursuing her Ph.D. from The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS), Kolkata. She holds a B.A. LL.B. (five Years Integrated) and an LL.M. degree from Centre for Juridical Studies, Dibrugarh University, Assam and was University topper (Dibrugarh University) of LL.M. batch 2014. She cleared UGC-NET and was awarded with JRF (Law). Before joining REVA University, she worked with various institutions of repute as Assistant Professor of Law including, Presidency University, CMR University, CHRIST (Deemed to be University) and Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies. Also, she worked as a visiting faculty in Ramaiah College of Law.
She has authored the book titled “UGC-NET/JRF (Law) Examination Solved Papers- Subjectwise” and edited the book titled “Gendering Public Policy in a Global Context” published by Central Law Publications.
She received the Best Paper Award for the research paper on "Access to Environmental Justice in India: Through the Lens of National Green Tribunal" at the National Online Conference on Emerging Trends in Rule of Law, Democratic Norms & Constitutional Values organized by CHRIST (Deemed to be University), Bangalore, January 27-28, 2022. She also received the Best Paper Presentation Award for the research paper on “The National Green Tribunal of India vis a vis Principles of International Environmental Law: An Analysis” at the International E-Conference on Emerging Trends in International Law Organized by School of Business & Law, Navrachana University February 12, 2022.
- Module I: Overview of Research and Legal Research
- Module II: The Research Process: Identifying and Formulating a Research Question-Research Strategies- Evaluating Sources
- Module III: Art of legal writing- Introduction- Argument Development- Analysis- Conclusion- Mechanics and Citation- Citation Formats- Grammar and Style- Editing and Proofreading
- Module IV: Research Presentation- Preparing a Presentation- Presentation Techniques
- Module V: Research Resources- Databases- Reference Sources
- Module VI: Assignment- Research Project
*5 Best-performing students will be awarded with Certificate of Excellence.
March 11, 2023
Eligibility for Enrollment
Open to undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Commencement: February 6, 2023
- Registration Deadline: March 1, 2023
- Registration Link: Click Here
- Mode of fee payment:
- Account Name: REVA UNIVERSITY
- Bank Name: The Karnataka Bank Ltd.
- Account Number: 6662000100000901
- Branch: REVA University Branch, Bengaluru
- IFSC: KARB0000666
- Mobile: +91 73539 77007
- Email: [email protected]