ACADR Student Development Programme (SDP) on Research Writing | 09th & 10th Feb 2023 | Blended Mode
Alliance School of Law is organising the ACADR Student Development Programme (SDP) on Research Writing on 09th & 10th February 2023.
Alliance Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (ACADR), Alliance School of Law is organising the ACADR Student Development Programme (SDP) on Research Writing on 09th & 10th February 2023.
About the Student Development Programme (SDP)
Research is at the core of any institution that aims at the creation and dissemination of knowledge. The practice of advocacy requires legal research for each matter. Apart from advocacy, nowadays there are plenty of opportunities available in the market for law graduates equipped with research skills. However, quality research of global standards that fits local needs has been a key challenge before such institutions. Against this backdrop, training in research methodology plays a key role in improving the quality of research by both, existing researchers, and beginners.
Therefore, the Alliance Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (ACADR) is organising the “Student Development Programme (SDP) on Research Writing” to enhance law students’ research skills and make them industry ready. It will impart the necessary research skills, knowledge, and methodological understanding that enable the researchers to develop apt research work.
The aims of the SDP are:
- To make the participants familiar with the basic concepts of research methodology
- To understand the nuances of academic writings
- To develop the applied research skills of the participants
- To provide the key ethical issues in research and publishing
After completion of this SDP, students will be able:
- To write an abstract, research problem, research question/s, etc. for their research paper
- To develop a strategy to achieve publication success
- To describe the key ethical issues in research and publishing
Who may Participate
The SDP is organised for law students studying in undergraduate & post-graduate programmes.
Registration is compulsory for all participants.
Registration Form Link: Click Here
- Payment of fees
- Register through Google Form
- Upload payment proof
Registration Fee for External Participant: ₹ 100
Payment Link: Click Here
All registered participants will be provided with a certificate of participation.
Blended Mode (Offline & Online)
- Offline: Alliance School of Law, Alliance University, Chikkahagade Cross, Chandapura-Anekal, Main Road, Bengaluru, Karnataka (India) 562106
- Online: Zoom Platform
- Last Date for Registration & Payment of Fee: 07th February 2023
- SDP Date: 09th & 10th February 2023
- 11:00 AM to 11:15 AM: Inauguration
- 11:15 AM to 12:45 PM: Dr. Shyam Kishore, Professor, Alliance School of Law - Fundamentals of Research and Steps in the Research Process
- 12:45 PM to 01:45 PM: Lunch Break
- 01:45 PM to 3:30 PM: Dr. Dunia Prince Zongawe, Associate Professor, Alliance School of Law - Academic writings: Style of Expression (Reports, Research Paper, Monographs, Synopsis, etc.)
- 11:00 AM to 12:45 PM: Dr. Prakash I N, Professor, Alliance School of Law - Use of library, archival sources of data and online research database
- 12:45 PM to 01:45 PM: Lunch Break
- 01:45 PM to 3:30 PM: Publication Ethics, Referencing and Similarity Tools Dr. Upankar Chutia, Assistant Professor, Alliance School of Law
- 03:30 PM to 03:45 PM: Vote of Thanks
Ms. Bharatee Preeya: +91 73737 84557
Ms. Mudra Bhayje: +91 75060 70401
In case of any query regarding the SDP, the participants can mail on [email protected].
Submitted By: Organising Committee