Law of Sale of Goods - Notes, Case Laws And Study Material
Legal Bites provides comprehensive Law of Sale of Goods study materials for students, lawyers, and corporations to deepen their understanding of the subject.
Legal Bites provides comprehensive Law of Sale of Goods study materials for students, lawyers, and corporations to deepen their understanding of the subject. The series covers important topics and case studies and offers valuable insights for those seeking to improve their knowledge. Legal Bites is committed to providing quality and insightful study materials.
The Sale of Goods Act, 1930 is the primary legislation in India that deals with the sale of goods. It is based on the principles of contract law and regulates the rights and obligations of buyers and sellers in a transaction involving the transfer of ownership of goods.
Law of Sale of Goods - Notes, Case Laws And Study Material(Topics to be updated Soon)
Module I: Introduction to the Sales of Goods Act
- Historical Background and Development of the Act
- Scope and Applicability of the Act
- Distinction between Sale and Agreement to Sell
Module II: Conditions and Warranties
- Concept of Conditions and Warranties
- Types of Conditions and Warranties
- Distinction between Conditions and Warranties
- Effects of Breach of Conditions and Warranties
- Remedies available to the parties in case of breach
Module III: Transfer of Ownership and Delivery
- Rules regarding the Transfer of Ownership in a Sale Transaction
- Transfer of Property in Specific or Future Goods
- Modes of Delivery and their Legal Consequences
- Risk and Title to Goods
- Unascertained Goods and Appropriation
Module IV: Performance of the Contract
- Rights and Duties of the Seller and the Buyer
- Obligations regarding Delivery and Payment
- Acceptance or Rejection of Goods
Module VI: Unpaid Seller and Remedies
- Definition and Rights of an unpaid seller
- Lien and Right of Stoppage in Transit
- Right of resale and Damages for non-acceptance
- Suit for price and Damages for non-payment
- Rights and remedies against the goods
Module VII: Other Provisions
- Auction Sales and their Legal Implications
- Rights and Liabilities of the Seller and the Buyer
- Performance of the Contract by Third Parties
- Disputes Resolution and Legal Remedies Available
Law of Sale of Goods Mains Question Answer Series: Important Questions for Judiciary & University Exams
Your valuable feedback in the form of comments or any desired inputs is encouraged and always welcome.
Every contribution toward a goal is valuable, regardless of how small it may be.