Call for Papers: 18th Seminar on Maritime Law | Kerala Law Academy Law College
Kerala Law Academy is inviting submissions for its 18th International Seminar on Maritime Law. Scroll down for more details!
Kerala Law Academy Law College is inviting submissions for its 18th International Seminar on ‘Maritime Law – An Overview of Legal and Regulatory Framework’ scheduled on December 2nd 2023.
About the Institution
Established in 1966, the Kerala Law Academy Law College (KLA) is a distinguished center for legal studies, research, and law reforms. Affiliated with the University of Kerala, the college offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs, emphasizing a commitment to legal education and scholarly endeavors.
About the Seminar
In collaboration with the Centre for Advanced Legal Studies and Research (CALSAR) and IQAC, KLA is organizing a One Day International Seminar on ‘Maritime Law – An Overview of Legal and Regulatory Framework’. The event will take place on December 2nd, 2023, at the Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
Call for Papers
The organizing committee invites research articles from various stakeholders, including Law Students, Academicians, Lawyers, Social Workers, Policy Makers, and Professionals, for an exploration of Maritime Law and its regulatory landscape. The seminar addresses the importance of understanding the legal aspects of maritime activities, considering the significant role they play in international trade.
Themes and Sub-Themes
Theme I: Admiralty Jurisdiction
- History of Admiralty Jurisdiction
- Role of Admiralty Courts in the Present Scenario
Theme II: Maritime Law and Human Rights
- Rights of Seafarers in the World Shipping Industry
- Protection of the Rights of Women Seafarers
- International Regulatory Framework for Protecting Seafarers' Rights
- Need for a Separate Regulatory Framework in India for Seafarers' Issues
Theme III: MARPOL at 50
- Role of MARPOL in Protecting the Marine Ecosystem
- Indian Legislations in Preventing Marine Pollution in India
Theme IV: Arbitration in International Maritime Disputes
- Role of Arbitration
- Challenges in Enforcement of Maritime Arbitral Awards
- Scope of Maritime Arbitration in India
Theme V: Preventing and Prosecuting Piracy at Sea
- Legal Issues in Preventing and Prosecuting Piracy
- Somalian Pirates: A Challenge to the Maritime Community
- Role of IMO in Combating Maritime Piracy
- Need for Maritime Piracy Law in India: Challenges and Opportunities
Theme VI: International Regulatory Framework on the Arrest of Vessels
- Arrest of Vessels and Port State Control
- Arrest of Vessels and Indian Maritime Law
- The papers must be in Times New Roman, Font Size: Heading-14, Text-12 in A4 format, single line spacing, in justify not exceeding 2500 words including Title, details of the Author/s and Footnotes.
- Authors are encouraged to use The Bluebook (20th ed.) citation format for footnoting and it should be in Times New Roman Font 10 size. Further, speaking footnotes are discouraged.
- An Abstract not exceeding 250 words shall be submitted for consideration.
- The Abstract shall contain the Synopsis of the Paper, Subtitles, Reference materials, and a conclusion indicating the author’s perspective.
- The Abstract must be mailed to [email protected] on or before November 15th, 2023. It must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following: Title of the paper; Sub-Theme; Name of Author(s); Name of Institute/Organization; Official Designation; E-mail Address; Postal Address, and Contact Number.
- The Submission should be in WORD FORMAT.
- All footnotes must adhere to the 20th edition of Bluebook standards and must be styled using the footnote option in WORD. Borders, underlines, or other design objects must not be included in the paper.
- References need not be mentioned at the end of a paper and must be included within the footnotes.
- Precedents may be in Italics but not bold.
- All subheadings must be left aligned, in bold.
- The Papers shall be screened by a Committee. The Full Papers (2500 words) approved by the Committee shall be accepted for presentation in the Seminar. The intimation of selection will be made through E-mail.
- The final paper should contain a cover page that includes Name, Designation, Relevant Discipline and Year of Study, Address, e-mail ID, and Contact number. Authors are to give details in the Full Paper.
- Abstracts and papers should be written in English, the working language of the Seminar will be English, and presentations shall be done in English.
- Submissions should be made by the author who will attend the Seminar.
- Co-Authorship is allowed but limited to one Co-Author only.
- Only one paper per participant will be permitted. Multiple submissions will lead to disqualification.
- No part of the paper should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication. Any form of Plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- The Organizers will make an earnest effort to publish the best articles selected from among those received, subject to their acceptance by reputed journals as per their criteria.
- Publishing Charges if any demanded for the journal to be paid by the author.
- Submission of Abstracts: November 15th, 2023
- Communication of Abstract Acceptance: November 16th, 2023
- Submission of Full Paper: November 25th, 2023
- Intimation of Full Paper Acceptance: November 26th, 2023
- Registration Fee Payment Deadline: November 28th, 2023
- International Seminar: December 2nd, 2023
Registration and Payment Details
- Author: INR 1000 (Additional Co-Author: INR 500)
- Seminar Participation Only: INR 200
Registration Form: [Click here]
E-certificates will be awarded to all registered participants.
Email: [email protected].
- Adv. Priya M K (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy Law College): +91 9633311359
- Dr. Dakshina Saraswathy (General Secretary- MCS, Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy Law College): +91 9744169215
- Adv. Salini A.P. (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy Law College): +91 8527861463
- Arya M A: +91-7356877165
- Nandakishore S: +91-7306241424
- Megha M L: +91-9847003074
- Lekshmi Ramesh: +91-8547706242
- Roshni S: +91-8838785373
- Sharmada S: +91-9961188599
- Hrishyikesh R Nath: +91-8078446780