Call for Papers: Seminar on Modernization Approaches to International Law | University of Madras
University of Madras is organising a National Seminar on Modernization Approaches to International Law. Scroll down for more details!
Department of Legal Studies, University of Madras is inviting submissions for its upcoming National Seminar on Modernization Approaches to International Law.
About the Institution
The Department of Legal Studies is a heritage Department of the University of Madras. It was created by Prof.C.H. Alexandrowicz (1951-1961) he commenced Master’s in Law in International Law and Constitutional Law. Alexandrowicz lectured at the Hague Academy of International Law and was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize in recognition of his historical research on the treaty and diplomatic relations between European and Asian powers. His student and successor the Indian jurist T. S. Rama Rao was Head of the Department till 1988.
About the Seminar
The Seminar explores the modernization of International Law in the 21st century, which is influenced by the increased role of individuals. It examines the shift from a State-Centred to a Human-Centred International order, and from Inter-State Justice to Global Justice. The Seminar aims to provide a platform for presenting papers on the ‘Modernization Approaches to International Law’ within four topics. The Seminar also seeks to foster critical thinking on the future of International Law. The Organizing Committee invites original and interdisciplinary papers, especially from Developing Nations, on the seminar topics.
About Call for Papers
The Organizing Committee welcomes original papers, relating to the following four broad topics. The seminar paper requires to be presented within the broad framework of International Laws prescribed herein below. The attendees can present any sub-topic within one of the four topics prescribed below. Interdisciplinary papers are also encouraged.
Papers are invited from Academicians, Legal Practitioners, Research Scholars, and Students on the issues related to the sub-themes. Original and Unpublished papers will be considered for presentation in the seminar. The papers will be evaluated by the experts and selected papers will be eligible for publication.
- International Human Rights Law And Humanitarian Law
- Law of the Sea
- International Environment Law: Green Issues to Address
- International Investment Law: Address Substantive Reforms
Formatting and Guidelines
- The abstract of 300 words with a maximum of five relevant keywords to be submitted.
- After the acceptance of the abstract, a full paper with 2500 words to 5000 words including footnotes, is to be submitted.
- A separate MS Word File should be submitted containing the article title, followed by the Author's Name, Affiliation, Communication Address, E-mail ID and Contact Details.
- Abstract & Full paper should be submitted as a softcopy only in MS Word Format, typed in Times New Roman, Font size: 14 for Heading and 12 for Normal Text with 1.5 Line Spacing.
- For Footnotes, Font size 10 with 1.0 Spacing.
- A maximum of two authors is allowed for one paper.
- Citation Style: ILI (Indian Law Institute).
- Academicians/Advocates/Judges: INR 1000.
- Students /Research Scholars: INR 500.
- Attendees/Participants: 300/-
- Name of Beneficiary: HOD LEGAL STUDIES
- Name of Bank: State Bank of India
- Branch: Madras University
- Bank Account Type: Savings Bank
- Account Number: 10067585078
- IFSC Code : SBIN0002234
The Seminar Registration Fee includes Seminar Kit, Lunch and Tea.
Registration Form: [Click here to Register]
- Abstract Submission Deadline: December 04, 2023
- Date of Acceptance of Abstract: December 11, 2023
- Last Date for Registration and Payment of Fees: December 18, 2023
- Last Date for Submission of Full Paper: January 18, 2024
- Dates of the Event: February 29, March 1 and 2, 2024
The submission of abstracts will be accepted through the form mentioned below. Once the abstract is selected, the acceptance mail will be sent to the respected participants and the platform in which or the mode through which the paper has to be submitted will be described in the mail of acceptance.
Brochure: [Click here to view]
- Mr.J. Perumalsamy: +91-9360210343
- Mr.P. Joshuva Preetham: +91-9566542624
- Ms.V. Nivedhitha: +91-9003273761
- R. Swathi: +91-8072668093
- R.V. Varshini: +91-9923087450
- G. Kumaravel: +91-9994517202
- B. Sandeep Harish: +91-8110067837
- R. Venkatesh:+91-8073601230