International Conference on Seabed Mining: Multidimensional Approaches and Challenges 2023 | Gujarat National Law University in collaboration with International Seabed Authority
Gujarat National Law University in collaboration with International Seabed Authority is organising International Conference on Seabed Mining: Multidimensional Approaches and Challenges 2023.
Gujarat National Law University in collaboration with International Seabed Authority is organising International Conference on Seabed Mining: Multidimensional Approaches and Challenges on 14th February 2023.
About the Event
The International Conference on Seabed Mining: Multidimensional Approaches and Challenges, adopts a unique multidisciplinary approach by focusing on the legal, regulatory, scientific, environmental and economic perspectives of seabed mining. Central to its theme is raising awareness of the important role of the International Seabed Authority and its involvement in creating a regime for deepsea mining. Experts from various Indian government bodies like that from the policy and regulatory field, mining companies, marine research centres, etc. will be a part of the conference to have a confluence with the International Seabed Authority. Through the rich and wide range of contributions, participants will be able to draw interesting new insight into the Authority’s evolutionary work as well as its legal framework.
The event will have two phases,
Phase I: Round Table Discussion with the different stakeholders and the Secretary General of the International Seabed Authority and his delegation.
Phase II: Paper presentations
This Conference is aimed at students, educators, researchers, academicians, practitioners, professionals, policy-makers, bureaucrats and other stakeholders to come together and discuss and disseminate the different aspects of seabed mining. The multidisciplinary approach would mean to invite different arguments in the form of a round table discussion representing research institutes, academic institutes, start-ups and industries from the perspective of legal and regulatory issues, scientific requirements, environmental hazards and the economic outcome involved in the action of seabed mining.
Theme of the Conference:
“Seabed Mining: Multidimensional Approaches and Challenges”
- Regulations and Deep Seabed Mining
- Technological aspects and Seabed Mining
- Demarcations of the oceans and regulation challenges of seabed mining
- Start-ups and seabed mining
- Economics and seabed mining
- UNCLOS on Exploration to Exploitation of Seabed minerals and Marine Scientific Research with Environmental and Technological Tactics
- Marine Minerals Research Projects
- Options for Selective Harvesting & Green Processing of Polymetallic Nodules
- Seabed a source of Green Minerals
- Best practices in adopting for seabed mining
- The participants must submit an extended abstract of around 2500 words in Microsoft Word document.
- Font style – (Italic- sized) Times New Roman, Font Size – 12, line spacing – Single. The abstract may include keywords (maximum: four) Citation style – Bluebook 20th Edition.
- The abstract must include a clear indication of the objectives, methodology, major results, implications, and key references.
- All abstracts will be subject to blind peer review and only those abstracts approved by the reviewers will be selected to submit their complete paper for the final presentation.
- The criteria for evaluation by the reviewers are based on relevance, methodology and originality.
- Participants willing to submit the abstract must submit the same in .doc /.docx format to psh[email protected] with subject “SeaMMAC Submission_(author name)".
The following details must also be mentioned in the body of the email:
- Title of paper and the relevant sub-theme
- Name of the author(s)
- Author affiliation
- Brief biodata of the author(s)
- Name of the word file
- Full paper submission of around 5000 to 8000 words to be completed by 15th April 2023. A citation style of Bluebook 20th edition is to be followed.
- The selected articles will be published as chapters in a book with a reputed publishing house.
Participants willing to attend the Conference may register themselves by clicking on the following link.
Last date for submission of extended abstract – 28th January 2023
Publication of selected abstracts – 1st February 2023
Last date for registration for participation - 5th February 2023
Conference date: 14th February 2023
Time: 10.00 AM to 06.00 PM
Venue: Vitan I, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, India
Prof. (Dr.) S. Shanthakumar, Director
Gujarat National Law University, Gujarat, India
Ms. Pratikalpa Sharma
Assistant Professor (Research), Convenor
Ms. Michelle Dias
Teaching and Research Associate (Law), Co-Convenor
For any queries, contact us at [email protected]
+91 85111 88729