16th NALSAR Justice BR Sawhny Memorial Moot Court Competition 2023
NALSAR is hosting the 16th NALSAR-Justice Bodh Raj Sawhny Memorial Moot Court Competition from 13th - 15th October 2023.
About the Competition
NALSAR hosts its annual Constitutional Law Moot, Justice B.R. Sawhny Memorial Moot Court Competition, in collaboration with the Bodh Raj Sawhny Memorial Trust. We have had the honour of hosting Justice (Retd.) B.N. Srikrishna, Justice (Retd.) B.P. Rao, Dr Aditya Sondhi, Adv. Gautam Bhatia and many other dignitaries as judges in the previous editions of the competition have witnessed the participation of the brightest brains in law schools around the country.
The 16th edition of the BR Sawhny Moot Court Competition is scheduled to be held from 13th - 15th October 2023 in an offline format on the university campus. In an attempt to outdo ourselves this time, we have the Vidhi Centre for Policy and Legal Research as our associate sponsor. The teams participating in the final rounds of the moot will be given Internships at VIDHI Centre for Legal Policy. This year's moot proposition has been drafted by Adv. Rishabh Sancheti, Supreme Court of India, revolves around the issue of the rights of children and the scope of Article 21 of the Indian Constitution along with the issue of legalisation of prostitution.
About the Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy
The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy (‘Vidhi’) is an independent think-tank doing legal research to make better laws and improve governance for the public good. Vidhi does this through high-quality, peer-reviewed original legal research; through engaging with the Government of India, State governments and other public institutions to both inform policy-making and to effectively convert policy into law; and through strategic litigation petitioning courts on important law and policy issues. Vidhi’s abiding values are non-partisan engagement, research excellence and independence.
- The Competition is open to students currently enrolled in LL.B. Degree Courses (3-year/5-year) or LLM Postgraduate Degree Courses.
- A team is not permitted to have members from more than one institution.
- No more than one team may represent an institution.
- Kindly complete all the registration formalities stated in the Official Rules of the moot on or before 31 August 2023 (11:59 P.M. IST).
- The link to the Google form for registration is mentioned below.
- All the teams shall be required to pay INR 6,500 via online bank transfer before the deadline to register for Stage 1, i.e. Memorial Evaluation Rounds.
The account details for the payment are:
- Name of the Beneficiary: Registrar, NALSAR
- Bank Name: Indian Bank
- Branch Name: Shameerpet
- Account No: 418454214
- IFSC Code: IDIB000S166
- Schedule: Click here to view
- Rule Book: Click here to view
- Brochure: Click here to view
- Moot Proposition: Click here to view
- Winners: Cash Prize of INR 50,000/-, and a Trophy.
- Runner-Up: Cash Prize of INR 25,000/-, and a Trophy.
- Best Speaker: Cash prize of INR 10,000/- and a Trophy.
- Second Best Speaker: Cash Prize of INR 7,500/-.
- Best Memorial Appellant: Cash prize of INR 10,000/- and a Trophy.
- Best Memorial Respondent: Cash prize of INR 10,000/- and a Trophy.
- Best Researcher: Cash prize of INR 10,000/-.
- Second Best Researcher: Cash prize of INR 7,500/-.
Regarding Moot Procedure and Proposition
- Aashvanshi Choudhary: +91-9350614571
- Mayank Taparia: +91-9996279306
Regarding Accommodation and Travel
- Mayank Kumar: +91-9708432747
- Anoushka Mukherjee: +91-9952248194
General Queries and Grievances
- Jeetendra Vishwakarma [Head OC]: +91-9399447595
- Stuti Naryan [OC member]: +91-7488181809
- Aamuktamalyada: +91-7093554486