1st Justice Gopalji Mehrotra National Moot Court Competition | SS Khanna Girls Degree College
S.S. Khanna Girls’ Degree College, Prayagraj is organising the 1st Justice Gopalji Mehrotra National Moot Court Competition. Scroll for more details!
S.S. Khanna Girls’ Degree College, Prayagraj is pleased to host The 1st Justice Gopalji Mehrotra National Moot Court Competition. The competition is being organised in collaboration with AZB & Partners, and EBC and SCC Online as the exclusive Knowledge Partners.
About Justice Gopalji Mehrotra
Justice Gopalji Mehrotra, born in 1904, was a patriotic individual who actively participated in India's freedom struggle, enduring imprisonment twice. He served as a judge at Allahabad High Court from May 1954 to October 1957, later transferring to Assam, where he eventually became Chief Justice until his passing on September 10, 1969, due to a heart condition.
About the College
S. S. Khanna Girls’ Degree College, Prayagraj, is a Constituent College of the Central University of Allahabad, established in 1975 as a girls’ college. It offers UG, PG, and PhD courses in Arts, Science, Commerce, Education, and Law. It has been graded ‘A’ by NAAC for 2014-19 and 2020-25. It aims to empower women with moral, intellectual, spiritual, social, and emotional values through comprehensive and quality education. It follows the noble vision of its founders to uplift the education of girls in all sections of society.
About Saroj Lalji Mehrotra Centre of Legal Studies
Saroj Lalji Mehrotra Centre of Legal Studies is an Institution for young women to pursue B.A.LL.B.(Hons.) Five-Year Integrated Degree Course in Law. It aims to empower them with legal knowledge and skills and to promote diversity and equity in the legal profession. It prepares its students for future challenges and opportunities in the legal field, through rigorous academic training, practical exposure, and workshops. It is a centre of empowerment and an incubator for future leaders of the legal profession.
- The registration fee is Rs. 3000 per team.
- Team includes two speakers and one researcher, and may be accompanied by a Coach/Mentor. The registration fee shall be payable if the team is shortlisted to participate in the Oral Rounds.
- All teams shall register themselves provisionally through the following link:
- [Click here to Register]
- The link for final registration shall be made available to teams that qualify to participate in the oral rounds.
Teams that advance to the Oral Rounds shall be required to pay the registration fee of Rs. 3000 to the following account:
- A/c No: 86152010033935
- IFSC: CNRB0018615
- Beneficiary: Principal, S.S. Khanna Girls’ Degree College
Accommodation and Hospitality
Accommodation shall be provided to all the participants by the organisers for two nights and three days. Local transportation from and to the venue of competition shall also be provided by the organisers. Food on the dates of the Competition will be available for all the participants.
- Winner: INR 2,00,000
- Runner Up: INR 1,00,000
- Best Memorial: INR 30,000
- Best Speaker: INR 30,000
- Best Researcher: INR 30,000
- Each member of the Winning and Runners Up team shall be provided 6 monthly complimentary subscriptions to EBC Learning worth Rs. 14,500 each.
- Each member of the Winning team shall also be provided e-books worth Rs. 5,000 published by EBC (as per moot problem).
- 1-month access to the SCC Online Web Edition valued at Rs. 1,099 each shall be provided to all participants.
- Provisional Registration Closes: 25th September 2023
- Last date for Seeking Clarifications: 25th September 2023
- Release of Clarifications: 30th September 2023
- Last date for Memorial Submission: 15th October 2023
- Release of Shortlisted Teams: 20th October 2023
- Last date for Final Registration and Payment of Registration Fee: 23rd October 2023
- Dates for Competition: 4th - 5th November 2023.
Email: [email protected]
+91-7905290201, +91-7376748533, +91-8795347495, +91-9005218484