1st Mar Gregorios National Moot Court Competition 2023 | Mar Gregorios College of Law, Thiruvananthapuram
Mar Gregorios College of Law is organising the 1st Mar Gregorios National Moot Court Competition. Scroll down for more details!
Mar Gregorios College of Law, Thiruvananthapuram is organising its 1st Mar Gregorios National Moot Court Competition scheduled to be held from 25th to 27th of January, 2024.
Mar Gregorios College of Law is a young institution in Mar Ivanios Vidya Nagar that offers quality legal education. It is named after Archbishop Benedict Mar Gregorios, a renowned humanist and scholar, and follows the legacy of Archbishop Geevarghese Mar Ivanios, the founder of the campus.
The competition aims to provide a stimulating platform for young legal minds to showcase their advocacy skills, engage in rigorous legal research and harness networking opportunities with fellow competitors, faculty, and legal professionals. We are proud to present our first-ever National Moot Court Competition, an event that epitomizes the spirit of legal advocacy and critical thinking. As we embark on this legal journey, we invite participants to experience the rich legal tradition and scenic beauty that our campus offers while engaging in a spirited competition.
- Students pursuing the three or five-year courses of the LL.B. degree or its equivalent in the academic year 2023-24 from any recognized law school/college/University in India are eligible to participate.
- Each college shall send only one (1) team of such eligible participants.
- Each team shall comprise a minimum of two and a maximum of three members. In a team of two members, both the members shall be designated as Speakers. In a team of three members, two members shall be designated as Speakers and the third member of the team shall be designated as a Researcher.
- No additional member or team coach is allowed to accompany the team.
The registration shall be done in two phases
- Preliminary Registration.
- Final registration after Memorial Screening.
- Preliminary Registration: INR 3000.
- Final Registration [After Selection]: INR 2000.
- Teams shall pay an amount of INR 3000 for the Preliminary Registration. The receipt of the same is required to complete the registration through Google Form.
- The following particulars, among others, are required for the Preliminary Registration:
- Details of the Participating Institution
- Details of the Team members
- Receipt of Payment
- Upon Preliminary Registration, each team shall be given a Team Code which shall thereafter be used throughout the competition.
Preliminary Phase Registration
The Preliminary Registration shall be completed on or before December 05, 2023, using the Google Form provided below:
Final Phase Registration
After the result declaration of Memorial Selection Rounds, selected teams shall complete the Final Registration on or before January 10,2024. The same shall be done through the Google Form provided below:
- Preliminary Registration Deadline: 05th December 2023
- Requesting Clarifications Deadline: 10th December 2023
- Memorials Submission Deadline: 20th December 2023
- Results Declaration for Memorial Selection Round: 02nd January 2024
- Final Registration Deadline: 10th January 2024
- Date of Reporting: 25th January 2024
- Competition: 25th-27th January 2024
Brochure and Moot Problem: [Click here to view]
Muhammed Nihal [President, Moot Court Society]
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ph: +91-9447438585
Aleena Johnson [Vice-President, Moot Court Society]
- Email: email@example.com.
- Ph: +91-8848909723