6th Surana & Surana and UILS National Moot Court Competition 2023
University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University (UILS) is organising the 6th Surana & Surana National Moot Court Competition 2023.
University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University (UILS) is organising the 6th Surana & Surana National Environment Law Moot Court Competition 2023 on the theme of Environmental Law in Virtual Mode from 1st September to 3rd September 2023.
University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS) was established as a constituent department of Panjab University, in the academic session 2004-05. During a short period, it has emerged as one of the premier legal institutes with a unique blend of tradition and modernity. Its mission is to equip the students with the skills to comprehend and diagnose the intricacies of various legal and other interdisciplinary issues and devise solutions to these problems through analysis and reasoning. The stimulating and interactive academic environment of the Institute helps to hone the Drafting, Research, Advocacy, Interviewing, and Negotiation- skills of the students. The Moot Court Competitions, Client Counseling Sessions, Quiz Contests, Seminars, Group Discussions, Extension Lectures, etc. are a regular feature of the academic calendar of the Institute.
About the Competition
The 6th Surana & Surana and UILS National Environment Law Moot Court Competition, 2023 has been envisaged to create opportunities for learning the development of jurisprudence on emerging trends in Environment Law besides developing cutting-edge skills in research, writing, and advocacy.
Since its inception, the competition has seen signiﬁcant expansion, with strong participation from across the country. The institution has hosted each edition with zeal and intensity and intends to continue the tradition this year with the same enthusiasm for learning.
Students pursuing their full-time 3-year LLB (or) 5-year LLB program from a University or Institute recognized by the Bar Council of India, are eligible to apply. A recognized Institution/College/University shall be entitled to send only one Team for the competition.
- Each team should consist of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3 members. This number cannot be modiﬁed under any circumstances.
- There shall be 2 speakers and 1 researcher designated for each team. The researcher shall be allowed to argue with the prior permission of the National
- Administrator in case of illness of the designated speakers or any other justiﬁable circumstances.
- Each team will be provided with a team code during orientation. Teams should not disclose the identity of their institution; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualiﬁcation. The decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the National Administrator.
- The teams must register online by 22nd August 2023. Teams will have to register online [Click here to Register] and mail the same to [email protected].
- Only 32 teams will be registered to participate in the competition on a ﬁrst-come-ﬁrst-serve basis.
- No temporary registration requests will be entertained. Kindly refrain from sending such requests to Surana & Surana or UILS.
- Participants will receive an automated system-generated acknowledgement on successful submission of registration. Participants will receive approval as acceptance of their request for participation by 23rd August 2023 or earlier.
Option 1 - The Registration form cum Approval letter as provided in the rules duly signed & sealed by your university/college / moot society.
Option 2 - Upload both (i) & (ii) together as a single PDF
- The Registration form cum Approval letter (without seal & signature) as provided in the rules duly filled along with
- Scanned copy of the authorisation letter with the sign and seal from your university.
An email communication from the official ID (to be filled as notification email id during the online registration process) of the institution, from your university/college / moot society to complete the registration process.
A registration fee of Rs. 1500/- is to be paid online by 22 August 2023 at Director, UILS
- Account No. 10444979993
- IFSC: SBIN0000742
- SBI, Sector 14 Panjab University
- Receipt of the online payment is to be sent by email to: [email protected].
- Fees once paid will not be refunded.
- Online Registration Deadline: 22nd August 2023
- Payment Deadline: 22nd August 2023
- Seeking Clariﬁcations Deadline: 22nd August 2023
- Release of Clariﬁcations: 23rd August 2023
- Memorials Submission Deadline: 25th August 2023
- Orientation and Preliminary Round 1: 01st September 2023
- Preliminary 2, Octa Finals, Quarter Finals, Semi Finals: 02nd September 2023
- Final & Valedictory and Prize Distribution: 3rd September 2023
E-mail: [email protected]
Ratik Chatrath Kapur [MCS Coordinator]
- Ph: +91-9501444222
Anupam Kakkar [Convenor]
- Ph: +91-7740099206
Agastya Shukla [Co-Convenor]
- Ph: +91-9216102310
- Naaz Bagga: +91 8284856616
- Hukam Raj:+ 91 8926513000
- Arjun Sagar: +91 9876332444