Kristu Jayanti College of Law National Moot Court Competition 2023
KJCL Moot Court Society under the aegis of Kristu Jayanti College of Law, Karnataka is organising a National Moot Court Competition on 17th-19th August 2023.
About the Competition
It gives us immense pleasure to announce that Kristu Jayanti College of Law (KJCL), Bengaluru is gearing up to organize its flagship Kristu Jayanti National Moot Court Competition 2023 (KJNMCC-2023) from 17th to 19th August 2023. The institution aims to nurture and train young minds in honing the skills of legal research and persuasive arguments in the guise of an advocate in courtroom ambience and experience. The competition shall be an ideal forum to bring together some of the most creative and intellectual young minds from various law schools in the country to participate and witness their mastery of advocacy and research skills to be adjudged by a team of expert judges, advocates and learned luminaries in the field of law.
A Proposition for this moot competition has been drafted to test the analytical approach of the students to the new and emerging area of law in Intellectual Property Rights. On behalf of the entire fraternity of KJCL, we cordially invite participants from various esteemed institutions of our country to take part in the competition and cherish the memories and experiences in all their endeavours.
We look forward to your presence and participation in the Garden City of India and the Green and Smart Campus - Kristu Jayanti College of Law, Bengaluru.
About the College
About Kristu Jayanti College of Law: Kristu Jayanti College of Law is affiliated with Karnataka State Law University and recognized by the Bar Council of India. The College has been institutionalized and organized by CMI Fathers. We strive to produce leaders in the legal profession including Judiciary, Legal Academics, Corporate and NGOs. We also strive to meet the critical need for producing principled, qualified, knowledgeable and internationally competitive professional lawyers. Kristu Jayanti College of Law provides action-based legal learning in a disciplined environment conducive to and appropriate for learning the law. We are committed to an approach of Legal Education that goes beyond studying Statutes, Books and Case Laws. Kristu Jayanti College of Law is unique in organizing tailor-made programmes which include interactive sessions with Judges, Legal Luminaries, Industrialists, Academicians and many more. Engagements in Trial Advocacy / Moot Court Sessions, and Case Analysis Sessions meant for advanced learning enable the students to be fit in all respects and to pursue a career and excel in the relevant fields.
Students enrolled in a full-time 3-year LLB or 5-year LLB programme at a university, college and institution that have been approved by the Bar Council of India are eligible to register in this competition.
In accordance with the rules, the organizing committee will accept registrations on a First-Come, First-Serve basis.
- Last date for final registration and payment of fee: 17th July 2023
- Deadline for queries related to Moot Problem: 20th July 2023
- Release of clarification: 25th July 2023
- Last date for memorial submission (Soft Copy): 05th August 2023
- Last date for memorial submission (Hard copy): 10th August 2023
- Draw of Lots: 17th August 2023
- Preliminary Rounds: 17th August 2023
- Researcher’s Test: 17th August 2023
- Quarter-Final Round 18th August 2023
- Semi-Finals 18th August 2023
- Final Round 19th August 2023
Registration and Submission Guidelines
- The teams are required to show their interest by filling out the form by 17th July 2023.
- The participating team must email a scanned copy of the duly filled Registration Form, Authorization Letter and Screenshot of the Payment Receipt to [email protected].
- Bonafide Letter from the respective college is mandatory: Registration shall be deemed ineligible in the absence of an authorization letter from the college.
- Participants are required to register as a team of 3 (2 speakers and 1 researcher)
- After registration, any modifications to the team detail form must be properly, communicated to the organizing committee by email. Additionally, changes made during the competition will not be accepted.
- Teams that need accommodation will have to inform the host beforehand.
- Participants must follow all the rules outlined above and failure to do so may result in the cancellation of their registration and any subsequent claims relating to this will not be entertained.
The Final registration, along with the fee of ₹3,500/- (without accommodation) or ₹4,000/- (with accommodation) shall be completed on or before 17th July 2023.
- Winners : ₹ 30,000 + Trophy + Certificate Of Merit
- Runners-Up : ₹ 20,000 + Trophy + Certificate Of Merit
- Best Memorial: ₹ 5,000 + Trophy + Certificate Of Merit
- Best Orator (Male) : ₹ 5,000 + Trophy + Certificate Of Merit
- Best Orator (Female) : ₹ 5,000 + Trophy + Certificate Of Merit
- Best Researcher: ₹ 5,000 + Trophy + Certificate Of Merit
Moot Problem and Brochure: Click here to View
- Prof. Pawani Prajit: +91-83404 25165
- Prof. Manjunath M.S.: +91-80880 59059
- Aqeel Muhammed +91-93804 35446
- Aravind Varghese +91-89216 70977
Reported by: Sahil Munshi, Student, Kristu Jayanti College Of Law