NHRC-DNLU Moot Court Competition 2023 | Feb 10-12 | Prizes worth Rs.1.3 lakhs
Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur, is organizing its first NHRC-DNLU National Moot Court Competition, 2023 in association with the National Human Rights Commission.
Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur is organizing its first NHRC-DNLU National Moot Court Competition, 2023 in association with the National Human Rights Commission, from February 10- to 12, 2023.
Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur (M.P.) was established in the year 2018, by Madhya Pradesh Dharmashastra National Law University Act 24 of 2018, with the object of advancing the cause of legal education and achieving excellence at imparting value-based legal education to undergraduate as well as postgraduate students. The University aims to emerge as a unique institution for imparting legal education which is socially relevant and professionally competent.
About the NHRC
The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) of India was established on 12 October 1993. The statute under which it was established is the Protection of Human Rights Act (PHRA), 1993, amended by the Protection of Human Rights (Amendment) Act, 2006.
About NHRC-DNLU National Moot Court Competition
The 1st edition of the DNLU National Moot Court Competition, 2022, in association with the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) shall be conducted in offline mode. Extending the objective of dissemination of Human Rights awareness, and in light of current global issues, the moot proposition for the Competition will revolve around Technology Law and Humanitarian Law along with other related laws. To promote the aspect of legal training for ensuring a wholesome legal education, it shall be expected from the participants to explore different dimensions of law and not restrict themselves only to the theme of the Competition.
How to Register?
- All interested may show their interest by registering for the pre-invite for the competition by filling in the google form: Click Here
- To confirm their Round I registration, teams must fill out the registration form and make an initial payment of the fees as mentioned.
- The teams that qualify for the memorial round, thereby advancing to the oral rounds shall be required to make a final payment of the fees as mentioned.
Format of the Competition
- The Competition will be conducted offline and the venue for the same would be Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur
- This edition's problem will revolve around contemporary and developing aspects of Technology Law, Human Rights Law and other integrated aspects of the law.
- The Competition will have the following rounds: Round I, i.e. Memorial Qualifier Round and Round II, i.e. Oral Rounds, consisting of Preliminary Rounds (Two), Quarter Finals, Semi-finals, and the Finals.
- No more than one team will be allowed to represent any Law School, College, or Institution. Please note that a total of 20 teams from different institutions will be participating in the Oral Rounds.
Important Dates (Tentative)
- Commencement of Provisional Registration: November 30, 2022
- Release of Brochure, Rulebook, Proposition and Commencement of Registrations for Round-I: November 30, 2022
- Last date for Registrations and Payment for Round-I: December 18, 2022
- Last date to seek Clarifications: December 18, 2022
- Release of Clarifications: December 25, 2022
- Deadline for Memorial Submission(soft copy): January 20, 2023
- Declaration of Results for Round-I (Memorial Qualifier Round): January 26, 2023
- Commencement of Registration for Round- II (Oral Rounds): January 26, 2023
- Last date of registration and payment for Round – II (Oral Rounds): January 29, 2023
- Submission Of Memorial (Hard Copy): February 3, 2023
- Exchange of Memorials and Researcher's Test: February 10, 2023
- The preliminary round and Semi-Final round: February 11, 2023
- Finals and Valedictory Ceremony: February 12, 2023
Brochure & Moot Problem
Awards and Rewards
- Team Awards
- Winners: Cash Prize of Rs. 40,000 + Certificate of Excellence o Runner Up: Cash Prize of Rs. 30,000 +Certificate of Excellence
- Best Memorial (Applicant): Cash Prize of Rs. 15,000 + Certificate of Excellence o Best Memorial (Respondent): Cash Prize of Rs. 15,000 + Certificate of Excellence
- Individual Awards
- Best Orator (Male): Cash Prize of Rs. 10,000 + Certificate of Excellence
- Best Orator (Female): Cash Prize of Rs. 10,000 + Certificate of Excellence
- Best Researcher: Cash Prize of Rs. 10000 + Certificate of Excellence
Ms Ishita Mudgal: +91 94791 30140
Submitted By: Organising Committee