UGC NET Law Entrance Exam | Notification, Application, Preparation
Get ready for the UGC NET Law Entrance Exam with Notification, Application, and Expert Preparation Tips.
UGC-NET December 2023: Registration, Application Form and Exam Date
The University Grants Commission (UGC) National Eligibility Test (NET) is a national-level exam conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) to determine the eligibility of candidates for the posts of Assistant Professor and Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in Indian universities and colleges. The UGC NET exam is held twice a year, usually in June and December.
The exam will be conducted in 83 subjects in computer-based mode. The online application process for the UGC NET December 2023 cycle will begin soon. The candidates can apply for the exam on the official website of NTA UGC NET.
UGC NET December 2023: Important Dates
The important dates for the UGC NET December 2023 cycle are as follows:
Online application end date: 31st October 2023
Last date for fee payment: 31st October 2023
Online application correction window: 1st to 3rd November 2023
Admit card release date: To be announced
Exam date: To be announced
Result declaration date: To be announced
UGC NET December 2023: Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for the UGC NET December 2023 cycle are as follows:
1) The candidates should have a Master’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university with at least 55% marks (50% for reserved categories) in the subject they wish to apply for.
2) The candidates who are pursuing their Master’s degree or are in the final year of their Master’s degree are also eligible to apply, provided they complete their degree within two years of qualifying for the exam.
3) The candidates who have a PhD degree and have completed their Master’s degree by September 19, 1991, are eligible for a relaxation of 5% in the minimum marks required.
4) The candidates should not be more than 30 years of age as on June 1, 2023, for JRF. There is no upper age limit for Assistant Professors.
Exemption (Eligibility for Assistant Professor)
1) NET/SET/SLET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professors in Universities/Colleges/ Institutions. In this regard, exemption from NET/SET/SLET will be governed by UGC regulations and amendments notified in the Gazette of India from time to time.
2) The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR/ JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.
3) For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the States Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for Assistant Professor held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, and are eligible to apply for Assistant Professor anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor only in the universities/colleges situated in the State from where they have cleared their SET.
UGC NET December 2023: Application Process
The application process for the UGC NET December 2023 cycle is as follows:
1) The candidates have to visit the official website of NTA UGC NET and click on “Application For UGC-NET December 2023”.
2) The candidates have to register themselves by providing their personal details, such as name, email id, mobile number, etc. and creating a password.
3) The candidates have to fill out the online application form by entering their academic details, choice of exam centre, subject and category.
4) The candidates have to upload their scanned images of passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed format and size.
5) The candidates have to pay the application fee through online mode using a credit card/debit card/net banking/UPI.
The candidates have to submit the application form and take a printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
UGC NET December 2023: Exam Pattern and Syllabus
The exam pattern and syllabus for the UGC NET December 2023 cycle are as follows:
1) The exam will consist of two papers: Paper I and Paper II.
2) Paper I will be common for all candidates and will test their general awareness, reasoning ability, comprehension and teaching/research aptitude. It will have 50 objective-type questions of two marks each. The duration of Paper I will be one hour.
3) Paper II will be subject-specific and will test the candidate's knowledge of the subject they have applied for. It will have 100 objective-type questions of two marks each. The duration of Paper II will be two hours.
4) The syllabus for Paper II will be based on the UGC NET syllabus for each subject, which can be downloaded from the official website of NTA UGC NET
5) There will be no negative marking for incorrect answers in both papers.
6) The candidates have to score at least 40% marks (35% for reserved categories) in both papers to qualify for the exam.
UGC NET December 2023: Admit Card and Result
The admit card and result for the UGC NET December 2023 cycle are as follows:
- The admit card for the exam will be released on the official website of NTA UGC NET a few days before the exam date. The candidates have to download their admit card using their application number and password or date of birth and print it out. The admit card will contain the details of the exam centre, date, time and instructions for the exam.
- The result of the exam will be declared on the official website of NTA UGC NET after the evaluation of the answer sheets. The candidates have to check their results using their application number and date of birth. The result will show the marks obtained by the candidates in both papers and their qualifying status.
- The candidates who qualify for the exam will be issued an e-certificate by UGC, which can be downloaded from the official website. The e-certificate will be valid for a lifetime for Assistant Professor and for three years for JRF from the date of issue.
About UGC NET
The National Eligibility Test (NET) is conducted on behalf of the University Grants Commission (UGC) for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for the Eligibility of Assistant Professorship, Junior Research Fellowship or both, for Indian Universities and Colleges.
Awarding of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and/ or Eligibility for Assistant Professorship depends on the aggregate performance of the candidate in Paper-I and Paper-II of UGC-NET. The candidates qualifying only for Assistant Professorship are not to be considered for the awarding of JRF. Candidates who qualify for the eligibility test for Assistant Professorship are governed by the rules and regulations for the recruitment of Assistant Professors of the concerned universities/colleges/state governments, as the case may be.
Scheme of Exam
The test will comprise of two papers
- Paper-I 100 marks [50 questions]
- Paper-II 200 Marks [100 questions]