1st Hybrid National Moot Court Competition | IMS Law College, Noida
About 1st Hybrid National Moot Court Competition Mooting is one of the most essential skills for any law professional. Moots Courts or Mock Trials are usually based on hypothetical cases, involving emerging or unsettled area of law. Law students, who participate in these activities, are given opportunity to develop their research, legal writing and oral advocacy skills in a… Read More »
About 1st Hybrid National Moot Court Competition
Mooting is one of the most essential skills for any law professional. Moots Courts or Mock Trials are usually based on hypothetical cases, involving emerging or unsettled area of law. Law students, who participate in these activities, are given opportunity to develop their research, legal writing and oral advocacy skills in a mock courtroom setting. Additionally, moot court presentation includes professional legal etiquettes in the students which equip them to adapt with courtroom practices.
The 1st Hybrid National Moot Court Competition, 2021 has been introduced to students pursuing the law course during these times, to try and enhance the research and advocacy skills among the coming generation of legal fraternity. This moot will enrich the students with their research as well as mooting skill and our endeavor would be to carry forward the chain of law learning process even during this time of pandemic.
Objectives of the Programme
- To bring a different perspective of the same case before the judges and the audience.
- Student can analyze a problem with a proper legal background and help them demonstrate the same before a panel of judges after proper arguments in ethical and professional manner.
- It brings the Law graduates close to real courtroom environment where they are called upon to solve the problems in a short span of time.
The following terms shall have the corresponding meanings unless otherwise specified:
‘Competition’ shall refer to IMS 1st Hybrid National Moot Court Competition 2021
‘Competition rules’ shall refer to the official rules of the competition as amended from time to time.
- ‘Knock out round’ shall refer to the Semi-finals and Final rounds of the competition.
- ‘Memorial’ shall refer to the memorandum of written submissions submitted by any participating team as per the Competition Rules.
- ‘Organizing Committee’ (hereinafter to be referred as O.C.) shall refer to the committee appointed for the administration and conduct of the competition including any other authorized persons, and all events leading up to the competition.
- ‘Official Email’ shall refer to the official email id of the Moot Court Society, i.e. email@example.com.
- ‘Selection Committee’ shall consist of Dean, Head of Department and Faculty Convener.
- ‘Advanced rounds’ shall include the pre-rounds and semi-final round of the competition.
- ‘Hybrid Moot’ shall refer to online as well as offline mode of moot. The participant shall choose the mode according to their preference, in the registration form. However, the final mode will be conveyed to the participating team after the registrations are closed.
- All students who are pursuing 5-year LL.B. or 3-year LL.B. programs from recognized Law Schools, Universities and Institutions in India and abroad shall be eligible to participate.
- Each participating team shall comprise minimum two (2) and maximum three (3) members, in case of 3-member team, third member will be researcher and he won’t be allowed to speak. Participants are not allowed to change their role in any case. A maximum numberof two teams shall participate from a college/institution.
- No team shall contradict the composition mentioned above. No faculty member, coach, or a designated observer will be allowed to join the video-conferencing or chatroom during the session.
- The language of the competition should be ‘English’.
- Preliminary Round
- Semi-Final Round
- Final Round
The preliminary round shall be conducted through virtual platform or pre-submitted video. The same information will be conveyed to the participants after the registration is closed. Other Rounds shall be conducted through virtual platform only
The Oral Rounds shall be conducted through Zoom. The participants shall receive a link for their respective courtrooms. Each Virtual Courtroom shall have participants from two teams, Judges, and two Bailiffs. However, the Organizers may at several instances join in any of the Court Rooms for inspection. Each person in the Virtual Court Room shall keep their video cameras turned on and the microphone turned off (mute) and only such person shall keep their microphone turned on whenever they are required to speak. Please note, that the organizer may also switch to a different platform if any technical issue arises, and the same shall be notified to all the teams in advance.
- Last date of registration shall be 20th April 2021.
- The memorial must be submitted by 24th April 2021.
- The registration fee for the team is INR 1100/- per team.
- Fee once paid is non-refundable.
Procedure to Registration
- To register click on link provided.
- Take a screenshot of your payment and upload the same at the required place in Google form.
- The registration shall be deemed complete only when the Registration Fee has been remitted successfully, the Application Form is duly filled and the screenshot of payment is submitted.
- Once the application form is filled, the O.C. shall send a confirmation mail allotting a team code to all teams [within 24 hours of registration].
- The link for joining the competition shall be sent before the day of the competition. Rules and Regulations
- The team shall quote Team Code in all further communication with the O.C.
Note: Any change in rules and regulations is subject to the discretion of organizer, however, any such change will be intimated to participants within stipulated time.
Attractive Cash Prizes; Certificate of Participation to all the participants; Letter of Appreciation to team having exceptional performance.
Teams are required to transfer the registration fee/amount to the details mentioned below:
- Name: IMS Law College
- Account Number: 917020057451647
- IFSC Code: UTIB0000723
- Bank: AXIS BANK LTD
- Branch: Section 62, Noida
- Last Date of Registration: 20th April 2021
- Last Date for Clarification Regarding Moot Problem: 21st April 2021
- Last Date for submission of Memorial: 24th April 2021
- Preliminary and Semi-Final rounds: 28th April 2021
- Final Round: 29th April 2021
- Mr. Rajeev Kumar Gupta (President, IMS – Noida)
- Dr. Manju Gupta (Dean, Academics)
- Dr. K.S. Bhati (Dean, IMS Law College)
- Mrs. Bhawna Arora (Program Coordinator, Law; Faculty Convener, MCS)
- Dr. Vikalp Shrivastava
- Mr. Govind Prasad Goel
- Mr. Rajesh Kumar Dev
- Mrs. Pinky Singh
- Mrs. Ektaa Jha
- Mrs. Shruti Shrivastava
- Ankit Rana: +91-9871205569
- Gulshan Baisoya: +91-999017175
- Vishwas Pandey: +91-9319804608
- Aditi Pandey: +91-9140129835
About the Institute
IMS Law College, Noida: Established in 2004, in Sector-62, Noida, IMS Law College, Noida runs under the auspices of IMS Society, a non-profit making body. IMS Law College is the first college in Noida to start B.A., LL.B 5 Years integrated course. The College is approved by Bar Council of India, recognized by University Grant Commission(UGC) and affiliated to the Chaudhary Charan Singh University Meerut.
About Moot Court Society
Moot court society is a student body of IMS law college Noida. The society is being graced by President, IMS- Shri Rajeev Kumar Gupta, Dean academics- Dr. Manju Gupta, Dean law- Prof. (Dr.) K.S. Bhati, Faculty Convenor- Programme Coordinator Miss Bhavana Arora, Faculty Co- Convenors- Prof. Deepak Singh and Prof. Prema Verma, Program Coordinator- Prof. Govind Prasad Goyal,
It has conducted various Intra moots courts, Trial advocacies and various workshops for the students to have basic understanding and knowledge about mooting and researching. It also has conducted various seminars on the prevelant laws and on going issues. The Society has managed to conduct a National Moot court and a National Seminar successfully.
Reported by: Moot Court Society, IMS LAW COLLEGE, Noida