1st JLU-International Online Mediation Tournament 2021 | Jagran Lakecity University
JLU-CADR in association with Asia Pacific Centre for Arbitration & Mediation is organizing 1st International Online Mediation Tournament 2021 on 23rd to 25th April 2021. About JLU-International Online Mediation Tournament 2021 The 1st JLU-International Mediation Tournament, 2021 will be one of its kind Mediation Competition ever organised. It shall consist teams from various educational institutes from around the… Read More »
JLU-CADR in association with Asia Pacific Centre for Arbitration & Mediation is organizing 1st International Online Mediation Tournament 2021 on 23rd to 25th April 2021.
About JLU-International Online Mediation Tournament 2021
The 1st JLU-International Mediation Tournament, 2021 will be one of its kind Mediation Competition ever organised. It shall consist teams from various educational institutes from around the globe. Through this competition, we aim to provide a platform to the participants to come and compete with each other and develop their skills in this field in accordance with the valuable guidance of experts.
Language of the Competition
The competition will be conducted strictly in English language.
Participation and Eligibility
The competition is open for participation for all bonafide students enrolled in Law Degree courses 3-Year (LL.B.) and 5-Year Integrated Course (B.A/BBA/BCom/BSc., LL.B.) or Masters in Law Courses (LL.M.) in any recognised University and/or Law School across India. The eligibility for Foreign Students is that they must be enrolled in any law or ADR accredited courses from any reputed and registered University across the world.
- A team shall consist of two members, at least i.e., One Client & one Counsel.
- One Mediator may register along with one team.
- A student may register as a Mediator independently as well.
- A Team may register a Coach along with the Team to accompany them in the Rounds as a silent spectator.
- Teams shall not be altered after registration, except under extreme exigencies, on the discretion of the Organising Committee.
Note: A person registering as a Mediator shall not switch to the role of either of the Client Counsel Pair and vice-versa. Although, the Client Counsel pair may switch their roles as per the requirement of the Competition with prior information to the Organising Committee.
The Teams may register by filling out the following forms and making the corresponding payments of registration. The teams will be allotted slots of participation on first come first serve basis. There is a cap of 32 teams. A maximum of two teams may participate from one Educational Institution/University.
Team Registration: Click here
Independent Mediator Registration: Click here
If a team registers all three members i.e. Client, Counsel, and Mediator, the registration fee will be as follows:
- For Indian University Teams: Rs. 3000
- For Foreign University Teams: $50
Competing Team Registration
If a team registers only the Client Counsel Pair without a Mediator the registration fees will be as follows:
- For Indian University Teams: Rs. 2000
- For Foreign University Teams: $30
Independent Mediator Registration
If a participant wishes to register only as an independent Mediator, the registration fee for the same will be as follows:
- For Indian University Mediator: Rs. 10001
- For Foreign University Mediator: $20
If a team wishes to be accompanied by a coach, the registration fee for a coach will be as follows:
- For Coaches accompanying Indian Teams: Rs. 1000
- For Coaches accompanying Foreign Teams: $20
- Winning Negotiation Team: Rs 15,000/-
- Runners-up Negotiation Team: Rs 10,000/-
- Runners-up Mediator: Rs 7,500/-
- Best Mediation Plan: Rs 5,000/-
- Official Release of Competition: 10th March 2021.
- Last Date of Registration: 15th April 2021.
Email: [email protected]
Umang Mehta (Joint Convenor, JLU-CADR)
- Email: [email protected]
- Ph.: +91-7415563783
Harsh Saxena (Joint Convenor, JLU-CADR)
- Email: [email protected]
- Ph.: +91-9424682707
Reported by: Dr. Apoorva Dixit
Assistant Professor, JLU School of Law, Jagran Lakecity University, Bhopal