School of Law, CHRIST (Deemed to be University) Delhi NCR, is organizing the 1st Virtual National Moot Court Competition, 2021 to be held from 4th March to 6th March 2021. We are thrilled to invite your prestigious institution to participate in the competition and grace us with your presence.
It will be our endeavor to create an atmosphere of invigorating intellectual challenges and the opportunity to learn court craft through simulated experiences in the competition.
About the Organiser
The MCS at Christ (Deemed to be) University Delhi NCR was established in 2019. It constitute to take responsibility of administering and regulating the mooting activities at the School of Law, Christ (deemed to be) University Delhi NCR. The Christ Moot Court Society endeavours to provide a nurturing environment to students interested in the art of mooting and advocacy in the long run. It comprises of the society’s convener and co-convener; and other students as its members. This event aims to inspire the educational excellence and legal intellect of the Law students across the Nation.
- The competition is open to all students, enrolled bonafide on regular basis in an undergraduate (3 yrs./5 yrs LL. B Programme)/postgraduate conducted by any recognised College/Institution/University.
- A recognised College/Institution/University shall be entitled to send only one team to the competition.
- Each Team shall comprise of maximum of three members. In a Team comprising of two members, both the members shall be designated as Orators. In a Team comprising of three members, two members shall be designated as Orators and the third member shall be designated as a Researcher.
- Each team will have a Team Code (designated during Draw of Lots). Each team shall be assigned Team Code selected by the Organizing Committee of MCS. Team shall use their Team Code for identification purposes. Name of participants may not appear on or within the Written Submissions. Signature pages are prohibited.
- Teams shall not disclose their identity during the oral arguments. However, the speaker can disclose their name only to the bench during the oral argument.
- No additional member or team coach is allowed to accompany the team.
- Each Team must register by filling up the registration form available on the official website & by paying the registration fees as provided
- Each team shall complete such registration on or before 20th February 2021 (11:59 pm IST). [Extended]
- Scanned copy or screenshot of the e-payment should be mailed to [email protected]
- Registration fee will be NON-REFUNDABLE, in case of non-participation for otherwise as made deem fit.
Team/Institution must send a screenshot/scanned copy your e-banking statement/receipt has to be mail to us at [email protected]
- Registration shall be deemed final only after receipt of registration fees.
- The number of participating teams shall be limited to 30. The preference to teams shall be given in order of their registration. The organizing committee will have the sole and absolute discretion to shortlist the participants. The decision of the organizing committee will be final and binding on all concerned.
Participating teams may request for clarifications to the official moot problem by sending an email to [email protected] 1st March 2021 (23:59 Hrs IST). Full list of clarifications will be released on 2nd March 2021.
Please Note: Clarifications through any medium other than emails i.e. Phone Calls to Organizers, WhatsApp/SMS to Organizers, DM on Instagram or private messages on Facebook will not be entertained and taken into account.
Last Date for Registration is 15 February 2021
Moot Problem: Click here
Brochure: Click here
Schedule | 1st Virtual National Moot Court Competition 2021
|20th February 2021||Last date of Registration [Extended]|
|17th February 2021||Last date for clarifications|
|19th February 2021||Release of clarifications|
|28th February 2021 (23:59 hrs)||Last Date for Submitting the Softcopy of the Memorial|
|4th March 2021||Inauguration, Orientation of Participants and Researchers’ Test, Memorial Exchange, and Draw of Lots.|
|5th March 2021||Quarter-Finals|
|5th March 2021||Semi-Finals|
|6th March 2021||Finals|
|6th March 2021||Valedictory Ceremony|
- Winner: Rs 15,000/- & Set of Bare Act
- Runner up: Rs 10,000/- &Set of Bare Act
- Best Researcher: Rs 5000/-
- Best Speaker: Rs 5000/-
- Best Memorial: Rs 5000/-
Certificates shall be issued to all the participants. (Certificate of Participation)
Email: [email protected]
Tarun Tripathi: +91 9667932589
Ayushi Aman: +91 9427980063
Miss Shradha Sanjeev: +91 7503971068
Dr. Avinash Kumar: +91 9868348160
Reported by: Shradha Sanjeev
Assistant Professor, School of Law, Christ (Deemed to be University), NCR-Delhi