About the National Judgment Writing Competition
2nd Amity National Judgment Writing Competition 2018 is a combined venture of Amity Law School Gurgaon, SCC Online, and Legal Bites. This is to explore the area of legal education to increase and promote qualitative legal research by looking at practical aspects of the implementation of laws studied by Law Students.
The Judgment Writing Competition looks at a broad aspect of how laws learned about in classrooms are actually put to effect and implemented in courtrooms where facts play a crucial role and law is applied to these facts to set binding legal precedents and pave way for the judge-made law. For which the participants are required to draft a judgment for the problem attached herewith.
Click here to DOWNLOAD Compromis And Rules
- The participants must be currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3-Year LL.B. course or 5-Year LL.B. course from any recognized university/school or pursuing LLM from any recognized University or person who is preparing for the judiciary.
- In one team, not more than two participants are allowed. A team comprising of two students from different colleges are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Any Law College or Law University can send any number of entries. There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- First Prize – Certificate of Excellence + Medal + Cash Prize of Rs.10,000 + SCC Online hamper.
- Second Prize – Certificate of Excellence + Medal + Cash Prize of Rs. 5,000 + SCC Online hamper.
- Third Prize – Certificate of Excellence + Medal + Cash Prize of Rs. 3,000 + SCC Online hamper.
All the participants who submit the Judgments would get a Participation Certificate.
- REGISTRATION OPEN
- The Registration Fee is Rs. 800 for Individual Student and Rs. 1000 for Co-Author.
- Mode of Payment: Registration Fees should be paid online via Payment Portal.
- Single Author – Click Here
- Co-Author – Click Here
- A confirmation mail will be sent on approval of registration.
- Last date of Registration: 28th September 2018 by 11:59 pm (Extended)
- Last Date for Clarifications regarding Rules of the Competition: 30th September 2018
- Last date of Submission of the Judgment Draft (soft copy): 10th October 2018
- Announcement of Results: 25th October 2018
All queries, clarifications and communications regarding the competition must be mailed to the Organizing Committee on email@example.com or contact
- Himanshu Saini: +91 96435 40042
- Sowjanya R. Sai: +91 98216 39570