Chair on Consumer Laws at National Law University, Delhi is organizing the Second Edition of National Quiz Competition on Consumer Protection Laws, 2020.
About the Competition
The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 came into effect in August 2019 and has been notified in the month of July this year. The legislation has repealed the three-decades-old Consumer Protection Act, 1986 and completely overhauled the law with the objective of providing timely and effective administration and settlement of consumer disputes. Consumer Protection Laws represent one of the most critical components of the market architecture of the country involving a wide range of stakeholders. It is essential that the students of law, commerce, management, and other streams understand the nuances of this specialised subject through both education and training in this field.
The objective is to provide an opportunity and a conducive platform to students from all streams at various universities to expand, explore and develop their knowledge of consumer laws through the medium of a National Quiz. Quiz promises to be an enriching and exciting way of learning more about our Consumer Protection Laws.
The competition invites undergraduate students, from all disciplines, to participate as individuals.
- Registration Deadline: 15th November 2020.
- Date of Competition: 30th November 2020.
- 1st position – ₹ 6000
- 2nd position – ₹ 4000
- 3rd position – ₹ 2000
- The Chair on Consumer Law at National Law University, Delhi (“THE CHAIR”) shall be the Organizing Body for the National Quiz Competition on Consumer Protection Laws, 2020 (“National Consumer Quiz”).
- The Chair has the sole discretion to enforce, clarify, interpret the rules; resolve any disputes that may arise during the Competition and has the power to change/supplement the rules, if any changes or supplements are necessary.
- Each participant shall provide one valid email address to the Chair at the time of registration.
Mode of conducting
Online via Live Video Conferencing.
E-mail: [email protected]
Anmol Dhawan: +91-80820 05555
Lakshana Ramakrishnan: +91-80560 14898
Animesh Chaudhary: +91-9205124190
Reported by: Mehak Gupta