3rd KLA National Trial Advocacy Competition (Virtual), 2022 | Kerala Law Academy | Register by 20th September
Kerala Law Academy is organizing its 3rd KLA National Trial Advocacy Competition (Virtual), 2022 scheduled to be held from October 13th to 15th, 2022. About Kerala Law Academy The Kerala Law Academy (KLA), established in 1966 is a Centre of excellence for legal studies, research, and law reforms. KLA’s acclaimed peer-reviewed/refereed research journal“Academy Law Review” is published continuously… Read More »
Kerala Law Academy is organizing its 3rd KLA National Trial Advocacy Competition (Virtual), 2022 scheduled to be held from October 13th to 15th, 2022.
About Kerala Law Academy
The Kerala Law Academy (KLA), established in 1966 is a Centre of excellence for legal studies, research, and law reforms. KLA’s acclaimed peer-reviewed/refereed research journal“Academy Law Review” is published continuously since 1977.
About the Trial Advocacy Competition
Amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, the prestigious Trial Advocacy Forum, hosted by the Kerala Law Academy will be held via virtual mode from 13th to 15th of October 2022 at the Kerala Law Academy Law College Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. The competition is conducted through the online platform ZOOM. All the participating teams should have good access to the internet and be able to access the above said online platform at the scheduled dates and times. This is a mandatory requirement for participation.
Kerala Law Academy Law College, Thiruvananthapuram will be hosting the 3rd National Trial Advocacy Competition (Virtual), 2022 on Criminal Law in accordance with the Criminal Trial Court proceedings. The Competition has been conceived with the aim of creating awareness for Criminal Law Jurisprudence and providing a platform for the development of advocacy and other allied skills. The 3rd National Trial Advocacy Competition (Virtual), 2022 will be held at KLA, Thiruvananthapuram from October 13th to 15th 2022. The Rounds will be judged by a 3 Judge Panel. The judge’s panel includes Professors, Lawyers, Scholars and Judges of various Courts. The purpose of The Kerala Law Academy Criminal Trial Advocacy Competition, 2022 is to:
- Help and understand students the dimensions of Criminal Justice System and encourage students to consider careers in the Criminal Justice System.
- To understand how a trial is to be conducted.
- To give an in-depth understanding and knowledge of Criminal Law System.
- The Competition is open to all Law Colleges/Law Schools/Universities, Departments of Law in India recognized by the Bar Council of India.
- The participation is limited to LL. B students both in the Three- Year Scheme and Five-Year Scheme.
- Each team shall consist of a maximum of 3 members.
- The composition shall be of two speakers, one researcher.
- The team shall notify such an arrangement during the time of registration.
- Any changes shall be informed to the organizers, on or before 10th October 2022.
- Such a team shall not during any stage of the competition rearrange the position of its members to form any new combination.
- No coach/assistant/person shall be permitted in the room during the conduct of the trial other than the participants.
All communication and procedure during and of the competition shall be in English. Any kind of communication in any other language will lead to immediate disqualification.
How to Register?
- Only one team per College/Institution shall be permitted to take part in the Competition.
- Provisional Registration – Institutions/Teams interested in participating in the Competition can provisionally register by sending an e-mail to [email protected] along with an authorization letter/ email from the corresponding college.
- Direct Registration – The – Institutions/Teams intending to participate in the Competition must register on or before 20th September 2022, Tuesday (20.09.2022) by submitting the duly filled Proforma provided in the Kerala Law Academy website; Click Here
- The participants shall pay a non-refundable initial registration fee of 800/- rupees through the college website to enter the competition.
- The teams which are selected after clearing the procedural test shall pay an additional amount of 2,000/- rupees on qualifying for the main competition through the link which will be send to you after selection.
- After completing the payment, a copy of the transaction (either a screenshot or a photo) shall be sent to the email ID – [email protected] with your details.
- Only after acknowledgement from the organizers, the registration will be completed.
- The Organizers will not take any responsibility for any fault of payment arising from the bank or third-party applications.
- Trial Advocacy Problem: Click Here
- Official Rules & Regulations: Click Here
- Official Website: Click Here
For any queries, please write to [email protected] or contact any of the following:
- Faculty Conveners
- Renjini Ponnan Sheela: +91 79947 08480
- Sakthiprabha: +91 94958 97855
- Reshma Soman N.: +91 94472 50166
- Vidya V.V.: +91 79078 38598
- Student Conveners
- Lakshmi V. S.: +91 96055 30081
- Anjitha Unnithan: +91 91888 60384
- Gowri A. H.: +91 94005 74520
- Gautham Viswam: +91 88910 01101
- Student Co-Conveners
- Arya M. A.
- Lekshmi Ramesh
- Roshan M.
- Gautham S. R.
- Neeraj S.
- Gouri Jyothish
- Parvathy R. S.
Submitted By: Gautham Viswam