About the Competition
Amity Law School is optimistic in organising 3rd edition of National Judgment Writing Competition where our main object is to provide more opportunities to all the law aspirants in order to enhance and develop their skills. Judgment writing is not an ordinary task, the right interpretation and avoiding vague opinions is utmost important in good judgment.
We in our present judgment proposition have for the first time provided with a bundle on Annexures in order to provide a practical and comprehensive approach for our writers. The Annexures might seem to bamboozle but they will make you learn the law and will enable us to judge your true knowledge and research in writing. A true judgment shall cover all these aspects of evidence and crime.
- The participants should be currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3-Year LL.B. course or 5-Year LL.B. course from any recognized university/school.
- In one team, not more than two participants are allowed.
- Any Law College or Law University can send any number of entries. There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
Important: A team comprising of two students from different colleges are also eligible to participate in the competition.
- Fees: ₹ 800 for single authors and ₹ 1,000 for Co-authors.
- Mode of Payment: Registration Fees should be paid online. Kindly take the screenshot of payment id for reference.
- A confirmation mail will be sent on approval of registration.
Payment of Registration Fee
- Last Date of Registration – 11th March 2019
- Last Date for Releasing of Team Codes – 13th March 2019
- Last Date for Queries regarding Rules of the Competition – 15th March 2019
- Last Date for Submission of the Soft Copies – 20th March 2019
- Results – 5th April 2019
- First Prize – Certificate of Excellence + Memento + Cash Prize + SCC Online hampers
- Second Prize – Certificate of Excellence + Memento + Cash Prize + SCC Online hampers
- Third Prize – Certificate of Excellence + Memento + Cash Prize + SCC Online hampers
- Shortlisted judgments will be published with the name of the author.
- Certificate of Merit would be awarded to the top ten participants excluding Top three.
- Certificate of Participation will be given to all the participants.
FORMAT OF THE JUDGMENT:
- A cover page stating the name of the competition, the name of your Institution and the names of student authors, with the signatures of each student author.
- The Judgment Writing shall begin on the next page. The first page of Judgment must contain Team Code, Name of the Court, Title, Number of the Case, Date of Delivery of Judgment, Nature of the Case(s) (Civil/Criminal/Writ)
- Admissibility/Maintainability of Petitions/Suits/Appeal
- History and Procedural History of the Petition/Suit/Appeal
- Issues and Points for Determination
- Framing Specific Questions for determination
- Reference to Precedents, Other Sources (both authoritative and persuasive)
- Decision on issues framed or points formulated
- Decretal/Operative Part
The judgment must be submitted as follows:
- Language- English
- Word limit – 3000 words (including footnotes)
- Format – MSWord/Doc/Docx
- Font – Times New Roman
- Font size- 12 for text, 10 for footnotes
- Page numbers – bottom centre
- The citation methodology to be followed is Bluebook (19th or 20th Edition)
QUERIES RELATING TO THE PROPOSITION:
All queries and clarifications regarding the proposition must be mailed to the Organizing Committee on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Himanshu Saini +91-9643540042
- R K Jain +91-8510005150
We hope you found this useful. Support us by Sharing Your Knowledge. Every contribution toward a goal is valuable, regardless of how small it may be.
One of the things that have always kept us motivated is that knowledge sharing is essentially an act of giving. And in that sense, it brings a bit of humanity and warmth to an organizational setting. Keep spreading knowledge ………
Team Legal Bites