Call for Paper | 4th KRMU International Conference | Environmental Law, Governance and Sustainable Development | 17 - 18 Nov. 2022
Call for Paper is being invited by K. R. Mangalam University for 4th KRMU International Conference on Environmental Law, Governance and Sustainable Development. About the University R. Mangalam University is a State Private University established in 2013 under Haryana Private Universities Act and is empowered to award degrees under section 2f of the UGC Act, 1956. The university… Read More »
Call for Paper is being invited by K. R. Mangalam University for 4th KRMU International Conference on Environmental Law, Governance and Sustainable Development.
About the University
R. Mangalam University is a State Private University established in 2013 under Haryana Private Universities Act and is empowered to award degrees under section 2f of the UGC Act, 1956. The university is located at wonderful location with magnificent view of Aravalli hills and spread over 26 acres where students breathe in a pollution- free, healthy, and sustainable environment. The University has been striving to fulfil its prime objective of transforming young lives through ground breaking pedagogy, global collaborations, and world-class infrastructure.
K.R. Mangalam University aspires to become an internationally recognized institution of higher learning through excellence in inter-disciplinary education, research and innovation, preparing socially responsible life-long learners contributing to nation building.
OUR MISSION KRMU is committed to:
- Foster employability and entrepreneurship through futuristic curriculum and progressive pedagogy with cutting-edge technology
- Instil notion of lifelong learning through stimulating research, Outcomes-based education and innovative thinking.
- Integrate global needs and expectations through collaborative programs with premier universities, research centres, industries and professional bodies.
- Enhance leadership qualities among the youth having understanding of ethical values and environmental realities.
School of Legal Studies
K.R. Mangalam University offers Bar Council of India (BCI) approved five year BBA LL.B. (H) integrated programme with specialization, five-year B.Com. LL.B. (H) integrated programme with specialization, five-year BA LL.B. (H) integrated programme with specialization, three-year LL.B. (H) programme with specialization and One Year LL.M. programme. These law programmes have the distinct objective of equipping the students with knowledge, skills and attitude so as to make them capable of successfully meeting the present requirements and future challenges in legal profession. The courses are intended to impart intensive knowledge and training in the law subjects as well as the non-law subjects and help students to acquire wider perspective both for managerial responsibilities and professional application and train them for a successful career.
About International Council of Jurists
London: The International Council of Jurists is a professional body of jurists consisting of senior legal practitioners across the globe with intent to promote legal professionalism. The council also provides legal aid to the less privileged.
About Law Mantra Trust
“Law Mantra” (headquarters New Delhi) (Registration No 150 in Book No.4 Vol No 3, 603 0f 2018) is not for profit organisation running for the purpose of enhancing legal academics and legal awareness in the society and in the practice of the same. Law Mantra is a registered society under the Indian Trust Act, 1882 whose members are leaders and members from the legal fraternity, other professions with a nexus to conflict resolution, academics and experts from various fields who are committed to resolve conflicts and disputes using innovative mechanisms and methods such as Mediation, Conciliation, Negotiations and Arbitration. Law Mantra is a body of Jurists, Advocates, Academicians and Students running for the purpose of enhancing legal academics and legal awareness in the society and in the practice of the same.
The year 2022 marks a number of important anniversaries in the development of environmental law: the 50th anniversary of the Stockholm Declaration on the Human Environment and the establishment of UNEP in 1972, the 40th anniversary of the United Nations Convention on the Seas and the 30th anniversary Rio Declaration. on environment and development and the Rio conventions: UNFCCC, (United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change) UNCBD (United Nation Convention on Biological Diversity) and UNCCD (he United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification).
These anniversaries are an excellent opportunity to consider the role of law in bringing about the dramatic reforms required to address the environmental crises of climate change, environmental degradation, and pollution.
This conference will look into the ability of law, on an international, regional, and national level, to promote the systemic reforms that are required across all sectors and levels. It invites critical submissions on the sufficiency, effectiveness, legitimacy, and fairness of current law or litigation in light of climate change, environmental degradation, and pollution concerns. “Can the challenges be overcome using the legal means available?” is a key question to consider. It will look into the potential and new legal tools available, as well as the limitations and flaws of legal solutions to those difficulties.
The conference aims to bring together cutting-edge academic legal thinking and practise on how to enhance, advance, amend, or reform legal tools. What is required of the law in order for it to serve as a catalyst for transformational change? The conference will focus on a thorough examination of environmental legislation. Human rights law, trade and investment law, commercial law, criminal law, civil law, outer space law, and other disciplines of law, among others, play a significant role in altering society to solve crucial environmental concerns.
Objectives and Aim for the Conference
The goal of this conference is to bring together governments, business leaders, environmental educators, academics, and practitioners to share expertise and learn from one another about how to improve the implementation and application of international environmental rule of law in India and beyond. It will also serve as a hub for sharing and exchanging information on the resources, skills, approaches, and methodologies required to equip students and future environmental administrators in the region with the legal and governance skills necessary to advance the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) relating to climate action, green growth, and energy for all.
Call for Papers
We invite empirical work / research articles, theoretical papers, research reports, case studies and research ideas for presentation at the conference as per the sub- themes given below: –
- International Water Law and SDG 6: Reinforcing Paradigm
- Sustainable Energy for All: Interface Between Law, Policy and Government
- Ecology Integrity as a Grund norm of International Law
- Institutions and Approaches in Environmental law and Cooperative Remedies for Natural Disaster Risk
- Green Constitution
- Public Participation in Environmental Decision Making: A Legal Approach
- Relationship Between International Trade and Environment
Presentation and Publication
Selected paper will be published in Scopus/UGC care list journals.
There will be extra charges for the publication.
- Receipt of Abstract of the paper: 30 August 2022
- Acceptance of the Abstract Notification: 10 September 2022
- Receipt of full paper: 30 September 2022
- Acceptance of full paper: 10 October 2022
- Opening of Registration: 30 August 2022
- Registration close: 15 November 2022
Selection of papers for presentation will be based on abstracts. An abstract must include a clear indication of the purpose of research, methodology, major results, implications and key references. They should adhere to the following:
- Abstract & full paper must contain the name of the author/s, complete address, e-mail id and mobile The abstract should not exceed 350 words including the title and references.
- Citations and references should comply with the ILI for For details on ILI referencing style, please visit Here
- Submission must be in MS-Word format (no other format will be accepted) with all four sides 1 inch margin. Should be typed in Times New Roman with font size of 12. Paper title in 14 (Bold) and all sub-headings in 12 (Bold) and line spacing at 5.
- Submit abstract/full paper via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A full paper must include a clear indication of the purpose of research, methodology, major results, and its It should not exceed 3500 words.
Conference Mode: Blended
- Foreign Participants: USD 18 per paper
- Corporate Delegates: Rs. 1500/- per paper
- Academicians: Rs. 1200/- per paper
- Research Scholars & Students: Rs. 750/- per paper
Certificates: E-certificate will be issued only for registered participants
Please note, after NEFT/RTGS/IMPS, kindly provide following details By mail to sols.events@ krmangalam.edu.in
- Bank Name: ICICI Bank
- Account Name: K. R. MANGALAM UNIVERSITY IFSC: ICIC0000911
- Account No.: 091101000622
- UPI: KRMANGALAMUNIVERSITY@icici
Registration Link: Click Here
- Chief Patron
- Prof. Dinesh Singh, Chancellor, KRMU
- Dr. Adish C Aggarwal, President of International Council of Jurists, London.
- Prof. C. S Dubey, Vice-Chancellor, KRMU
- Prof. P. Tripathi, Pro-Vice Chancellor, KRMU
- Dr. Shobhna Jeet
- Dr. Inderpreet Kaur (School Academic Coordinator)
- Dr. Megha Garg
- Mr. Thomas Monterio
- Ms. Khushboo Saraf
- Organising Committee
- Mr. Dharamveer, SOLS, KRMU
- Ms. Shruti Verma, SOLS, KRMU
- Mr. Kishore Mishra (Law Mantara)
- Mr. Aditya Mishra (Law Mantara)
Submitted By: Dr. Shobhna Jeet