Last Updated on by Admin LB
Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) Center for Law and Economics is organizing the 5th GNLU International Conference on Law, Economics, and Public Policy (Virtual Edition) (ICLEPP) scheduled to be held on 10 and 11 March 2022.
About 5th GNLU International Conference on Law, Economics, and Public Policy (Virtual Edition) (ICLEPP)
The subject of ‘Law & Economics’ or ‘Economic Analysis of Law’ is concerned with the interface between the subjects of Law & Economics. It permits the greater use of economic tools and concepts to examine and understand the law in addition to recognising the importance of law to the analysis of the economy. Today, the field of Law & Economics has expanded and transformed subjects such as property, contracts, torts, criminal law and procedure, constitutional law, administrative law, environmental law, family law, etc. Moreover, with further restrictions around the world due to COVID-19, economic policies have evolved impacting major sectors. This calls for a general theme of law and economics for this International Conference.
The inherent advantage of this field is that its objective nature permits the legal system to function rationally and more efficiently. Besides, it provides a useful normative standard for evaluating law and policy. Law & Economics is a cutting-edge, interdisciplinary field that applies tools from microeconomic theory to legal rules and structures so as to explain their functioning, evaluate their performance and prescribe alternative rules and structures so as to create optimum social outcomes. Law & Economics has seen prolific development in various jurisdictions and has elicited
startling results that have changed the way we look at and run our legal systems, winning scholars a number of accolades, notably including the Nobel Prize in Economics.
This calls for a general theme of law and economics for this International Conference. With further restrictions around the world due to COVID-19, economic policies have evolved impacting major sectors. The study of the impact of these policies need academic deliberation.
Who can Participate?
- Students/Research Scholars pursuing M.A./M.Phil/Ph.D Discipline in Economics
- Research Scholars pursuing Ph.D. in the interdisciplinary study of Law and Economics
- Students/Research Scholars pursuing M.A./M.Phil/Ph.D Discipline in Statistics
- Students/Research Scholars pursuing M.A./M.Phil/Ph.D Discipline in Public Policy
- Students/Research Scholars pursuing M.A./M.Phil/Ph.D Discipline in Development Studies
- Students pursuing Five-Year/Three LLB Discipline
- Students pursuing One-Year/Two-Year LLM Discipline
- Academicians teaching and researching in the interdisciplinary study of law and economics.
- Professionals working in Banking, Finance or Economics field.
This is not an exhaustive list. Students, Researchers, Academicians, Professionals having an avid interest in the interdisciplinary study of Law and Economics are welcome to be part of the Conference too.
- Last Date for submission of Full Paper – 01st February 2022.
- Confirmation of Acceptance – 18th February 2022.
- Last Date of Registration and Payment– 28th February 2022.
- Submission of PowerPoint Presentation– 02nd March 2022
- Date of Conference: March 10 and 11, 2022
Link for submission of the paper: Here
Reported By: Stuti Sowmya