Last Updated :
In continuation of our legacy and with an aim to set higher standards to test the legal acumen, research and oratory skills of the participating teams, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar cordially invites you to the 5th edition of GNLUMSIL, scheduled to be held from September 12-15, 2019. This edition’s moot problem deals with the jurisdiction over forward contracts and transitory provisions under the SEBI regulatory framework.
Since its establishment in 2015, GNLUMSIL has garnered praise for providing a platform to students to be able to simulate challenges faced by the Indian capital markets, and at the same time, offering them a stimulating opportunity for research and learning in the domain of Indian securities and investment regulation.
The field of Securities and Investment Law has witnessed rapid advancements in the past decade, and the growing complexities of financial markets have given rise to new interpretative challenges. GNLUMSIL, being India’s first and only moot court competition in this niche area of law, provides the student mooting community with an insight into the intricacies of the field and its practice, while providing them a chance to showcase their argumentative skills before eminent luminaries working in the field.
The 4th edition of GNLUMSIL was successfully organized in collaboration with the Bombay Stock Exchange- Investors’ Protection Fund, Finsec Law Advisors, RegStreet Law Advisors, and Manupatra, and witnessed participation from 36 teams from various law schools across the country.
The Winners and Runners-up of the 5th edition along with other prizes will receive cash prizes of INR 50,000 and INR 25,000 respectively. Additionally, cash prizes and other awards will be handed out to the Best Orator (Final Rounds), the Best Orator (Preliminary Rounds), the Best Written Submissions, and the Best Researcher.
Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- Last day for provisional registration: June 24, 2019.
- Last day for registration and completion of all formalities: July 15, 2019.
- Last day to apply for clarifications regarding the Moot Problem: July 07, 2019.
- Clarifications, if any, to be published: July 17, 2019.
- Last day for submitting the soft copy of the Written Submission: August 19, 2019.
- Last day for submitting the hard copy of the Written Submission: August 26, 2019.
- Girish R., Faculty Convenor at [email protected], +91-8128650806.
- Rohan Merchant, Student Convenor at [email protected], +91-9824151770;
- Yashi Saraswat, Student Convenor at [email protected], +91-9898238740;
- Anushka Sinha, Student Coordinator(Logistics) at [email protected], +91-8141207125;
- Shubhangi Singh, Student Coordinator (Communications) at [email protected], +91-9904898812.
The Revised Official Schedule of the Competition is available here.
The Registration Form for the moot is available here.
The Moot Problem is available here.
The Rules of the Competition are available here.
For more information, please visit our official website.
Click Here to write your own Blog/Article on Legal Bites.
We hope you found this useful. Support us by Sharing Your Knowledge or any information. Every contribution toward a goal is valuable, regardless of how small it may be.
One of the things that have always kept us motivated is that knowledge sharing is essentially an act of giving. And in that sense, it brings a bit of humanity and warmth to an organizational setting. Keep spreading knowledge …….
Team Legal Bites