Aditya Birla Group Scholarship Programme: Application Open
Overview of the scholarship The Aditya Birla Group Scholarship Programme is the Aditya Birla Group’s way of pursuing Mr. Aditya Vikram Birla’s ideals of spawning leaders with a passion to excel. The Aditya Birla Group, epitomising the philosophy of its legendary leader – the late Aditya Vikram Birla, provides scholarships to students. Attained through fostering outstanding academic excellence and… Read More »
Overview of the scholarship
The Aditya Birla Group Scholarship Programme is the Aditya Birla Group’s way of pursuing Mr. Aditya Vikram Birla’s ideals of spawning leaders with a passion to excel. The Aditya Birla Group, epitomising the philosophy of its legendary leader – the late Aditya Vikram Birla, provides scholarships to students.
Attained through fostering outstanding academic excellence and humane leadership values, in partnership with select IITs, BITS (Pilani), IIMs, XLRI and law campuses. The scholarship was Instituted in 1999, the Aditya Birla Scholarships provide an excellent opportunity for Scholars to learn through networking with the country’s first truly global conglomerate. While there is no binding to join the Group after the completion of their course. Scholars are welcome to work with them if they qualify to do so.
The Aditya Birla Scholarships cover a large part of academic fees as well as the hostel fees for the IITs / BITS stream and some part of the tuition fee for the management and law streams.
The Scholarship Amount For
- IIMs / XLRI- Rs. 1,75,000 per annum
- IIT / BITS (Pilani)- Rs. 1,00,000 per annum
- Law- Rs. 1,80,000 per annum
or actual fees, whichever is lower.
Students from the following institutes can apply for the scholarships:
- IIMs – Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Kolkata, Lucknow, Indore, Kozhikode, Shillong
- XLRI – Jamshedpur
- IITs (B.Tech) – Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Roorkee, Guwahati
- BITS (Pilani) Campuses
- National Law School of India University – Bangalore,
- NALSAR University of Law – Hyderabad,
- The WB National University of Juridical Sciences – Kolkata,
- National Law University – Jodhpur
- Gujarat National Law University
The top 20 students (in terms of their entrance exam ranking at the time of admission) are invited to apply through the Dean of the respective institutes.
Students who are eligible are required to fill in the application form appended alongside and submit it to the Dean of the respective institutes.
The scholarships entail the following process:
- The applicants: 180 students from the IIMs and XLRI, 160 students from the IITs and BITS (Pilani) and 100 students from law campuses will be evaluated on the basis of the information given in the application form.
- The students’ overall achievements spanning academic and co-curricular excellence will be assessed to select them for the next round.
- Essays written by these students will then be reviewed by a panel to shortlist candidates for the final round.
- Shortlisted students will be invited for an interview which will determine the best 16 students each from – engineering and management and 8 from the law who will be named Aditya Birla Scholars.
- The interviews will be conducted by an eminent panel of luminaries and academicians. Shortlisted students should carry all supporting documents such as copies of certificates, mark sheets, etc.
- The interviews will be held in Mumbai for which the shortlisted candidates will be provided accommodation, travel reimbursement and a token allowance.
Please be advised that
- The performance of the Scholars will be monitored closely for the renewal of the Scholarship every year.
- The Deans / Directors of IIMs, XLRI, IITs, BITS (Pilani) and law campuses have agreed to administer the monies. The Scholarship amount will be sent through a cheque directly to their office.
- The Scholarships are valid for the course, subject to ongoing performance. As the Scholarship is announced only in September and given that students would have already paid their fees, the Institute will refund the amount paid.
The performance assessment criteria for the renewal of the scholarship
- The Aditya Birla Scholar will be assessed on qualitative and quantitative parameters to judge his / her excellence on the academic and leadership front. This assessment will help determine the continuation of the disbursement of the Scholarship amount and the honour of continuing as “The Aditya Birla Scholar”.
- The assessment will be done every year until the completion of the course.
1. The Assessment Criteria
- Assessment of certain scholastic standards being met.
- To belong to the top 25% of the batch population.
- Assessment of work done by the Scholar during the course of the programme.
- At least 60% of the assignments have a rating of 7 on a 9 point scale.
- Assessment of participation in a minimum of two forums of campus.
- Assessment of learnings of the Scholar.
- A 250-word write-up on ‘Being an Aditya Birla Scholar – experience sharing’.
Reported By: Palash Sahi