Last Updated on by Admin LB
About Aditya BIRLA Scholarship Programme
The Aditya Birla Scholarships cover a large part of academic fees as well as the hostel fees for law streams. The scholarship amount for the law is Rs. 1,80,000 per annum or fees at actuals, whichever is lower.
About the Organisation
The Aditya Birla Scholarship Programme is the Group’s way of pursuing Mr. Aditya Vikram Birla’s ideals of spawning leaders with a passion to excel. Attained through fostering outstanding academic excellence and humane leadership values, in partnership with selected law campuses.
Only Indian students from the following institutes can apply for the apply for Scholarships
- National Law School of India University – Bangalore,
- NALSAR University of Law – Hyderabad,
- WB National University of Juridical Sciences – Kolkata,
- National Law University – Jodhpur
- Gujarat National Law University
The top 20 students (in terms of their entrance exam ranking at the time of admission) are invited to apply through the Dean of the respective institutes.
Students who are eligible are required to fill in the application form appended alongside and submit to the Dean.
Last date is not confirmed. Kindly contact the concerned.
The Scholarships entail the following process:
- The students’ overall achievements spanning academic and co-curricular excellence will be assessed to select him/her for the next round. Essays written by these students will then be reviewed by a panel to shortlist candidates for the final round. Shortlisted students will be invited for an interview which will determine the best 16 students each from – engineering and management and 8 from law who will be named Aditya Birla Scholars.
- The interviews will be conducted by an eminent panel of luminaries and academicians. Shortlisted students should carry all supporting documents such as copies of certificates, mark sheets, etc.
- The interviews will be held in Mumbai for which the shortlisted candidates will be provided accommodation, travel reimbursement and a token allowance.
- The performance of the Scholars will be monitored closely for the renewal of the Scholarship every year. The Deans / Directors of law campuses have agreed to administer the monies. The Scholarship amount will be sent through a cheque directly to their office.
- The Scholarships are valid for the course, subject to ongoing performance. As the Scholarship is announced only in September and given that students would have already paid their fees, the Institute will refund the amount paid.
The performance assessment criteria for the renewal of the scholarship
- The Aditya Birla Scholar will be assessed on qualitative and quantitative parameters to judge his / her excellence on the academic and leadership front. This assessment will help determine the continuation of the disbursement of the Scholarship amount and the honour of continuing as “The Aditya Birla Scholar”.
- The assessment will be done every year until the completion of the course.
The Assessment Criteria
Assessment of certain scholastic standards being met.
- To belong to the top 25% of the batch population
- Assessment of work done by the Scholar during the course of the programme.
- At least 60% of the assignments to have a rating of 7 on a 9 point scale.
- Assessment of participation in a minimum of two forums of campus
- Assessment of learning’s of the Scholar
- A 250-word write-up on ‘Being an Aditya Birla Scholar – experience sharing’
This data for the performance measurement has to be submitted by the Scholar and certified by the academic Dean at the institute. The assessment will be done based on the overall performance in all areas. No single factor will be a major determinant.
Email: [email protected]m
Ph: +91-22-6652 5000