About the Competition
The Legal Aid Clinic of University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun brings forth UPES National Article Writing Competition, 2020 focusing on the theme of “Free Legal Services” in order to impart knowledge about the basic legal rights, duties and remedies which one should be aware of in his/her day to day life and bring it in use as and when needed.
It aims to make people aware of the various mechanisms, organs and statutes of the justice delivery system available to them for grievance redressal and to sensitize them towards utilization of the grievance redressal organs of the justice system. It also attempts to make people aware of the role of Lok Adalat, Free Legal Aid and District Legal Services Authority.
About the Organiser
The Legal Aid Clinic constituted under the School of Law, UPES with the objective to promote access to justice in India by providing and fostering pro bono legal services for underprivileged individuals. The committee organizes legal awareness programs among students and teachers in the government schools, in order to promote the learning of legal problems in the society and a discussion on suitable solutions amongst law students.
Free Legal Services.
- Free Legal Aid,
- Lok Adalat,
- Article 39 of the Indian Constitution,
- Legal Aid Clinics in Law Schools,
- Legal Literacy Programmes,
- District Legal Services Authorities,
- Free Legal Advices by Law Practitioners, etc.
Note: The list of Sub-themes is not exhaustive, the students are free to select any topic falling under the Broad theme.
- The Competition is open to all students pursuing 3 or 5-year LL.B, LL.M from any recognised institution across the nation.
- The Article must be submitted in the English language only and must be in Microsoft Word Format(.doc/.docx) or PDF.
- The word limit would be around 1500-2000 words. (exclusive of the footnotes and abstract).
- The author may or may not include an abstract in the article.
- Co-authorship up to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
- The article should be the author’s original work and should not be published previously.
- The authors are not allowed to use any content from any online or offline resources without proper credits for the entry shall be deemed plagiarised and would be subjected to disqualification.
- Submissions with similarity will be automatically rejected.
The file name of the submission must be as follows:
- In case of Single Author – ‘full name of the author.docx/.pdf’
- In case of Co-authors – ‘first name of Authors 1& 2.docx/.pdf’
The last page of the submission must include the following information:
- Name of the Author(s)
- Name of the Institution.
- Non-compliance with either of the guidelines mentioned above will result in disqualification.
- The essay should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size-12, Line Spacing-1.5, and Justified.
- The footnotes must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size-10 and Line Spacing-1.
- The authors are expected to footnote their sources using any uniform citation method.
- Rules/Guidelines are subject to change as per university norms.
- The copyright of the published articles shall rest with UPES School of law.
- Plagiarized content shall not be entertained and shall be subjected to disqualification
- First Prize of 10,000/- & E-Certificate of Merit
- Second Prize of 5,000/- & E-Certificate of Merit
- Third Prize of 3,000/- & E-Certificate of Merit
- 2 conciliation awards of 1,000/- & E-Certificate of Merit will also be awarded
- The Top 10 entries will be awarded an E-Certificate of Merit
- The Top 15 entries will be compiled and Published
- All participants will be awarded an E-Certificate of Participation
- Registration & Abstract Submission Deadline: 25th November 2020. [Extended]
- Last Date of Article Submission: 31st December 2020. [Extended]
- Declaration of Result: 15th January 2021.
Note: The interested students are required to submit abstract along with the registration form.
Registration and Abstract Submission Link
There is no registration fee.
Email: [email protected].
Reported by: Drishti Tiwari