It gives us immense pleasure to announce that the Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow is organizing Atal Bihari Vajpayee National Essay Writing Competition to mark the celebration of 96th birth anniversary of former Prime Minister of India Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ji.
Since the inception of human civilization, we have found various methods to communicate our thoughts. Essay writing is one such platform which allows us to form opinions about contemporary issues and put forth our thoughts about the same in a written form. Essay writing helps us not just in honing our research and analytical skills but also in developing a better perspective about things happening around us.
On the auspicious occasion of the 96th birth anniversary of Former Prime Minister of India, Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee, Lucknow University Moot Court Association is organizing Atal Bihari Vajpayee National Essay Writing Competition. Through this endeavor we strive to provide a platform for the students to pen down their thoughts and opinions on the given topics.
Founded in 1867, LU is one of the oldest institutions of Indian higher education. It is affiliated to University Grants Commission; Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU); Association of Indian Universities (AIU); Distance Education Council (DEC); National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC); National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE) and Bar Council of India (BCI).
About New Campus (Faculty of Law)
The Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow has been pioneer legal institution of India. The Law Faculty was separated from the main Campus and shifted to the new Campus on the Sitapur Road, Lucknow from 2002-03.
Its alumni include Dr. Avtar Singh, the well-known authority on Contract Law; Dr. A.T.Markos, former Director of Indian Law Institute; Dr. Shanker Dayal Sharma, Former President of India; Shri Ram Krishna Hegde, Former Chief Minister of Karnataka.
Choose any one of the following,
- Too much democracy is detrimental to Development
- Feminization of agriculture in Indian society.
- Should a year of mandatory litigation be a part of law-school curriculum?
- Inter religion marriages and religious conversion.
- In 21st century, digital bullying and online Harassment is a new form of social issue
- Or any contemporary issue.
Last Date of Essay submission: 15th January 2021.
Date of Result Declaration: 17th January 2021.
- The essay has to be written in English.
- Participant has to write essay on any of the one topic given above or any contemporary issue of their choice.
- The file should be mailed in both word and pdf Format.
- Participants shall mail the softcopy of the essay to our official mail id which is [email protected] (Authors must mention their full name in the email.)
- The essay shall be of 1000-1500 words.
- Participants shall mail their essay latest by 15th January 2021.
- Each submission must have its title based on the topic Selected.
- The body of the submission must be in the format as specified.[ font: times new roman, size: 12, line spacing 1.5 justified].
The entry fee is 80 INR.
Mode of payment
The payment can be made through Bhim UPI/Google Pay/Paytm/Phonepe.
The registration fee is to be paid to the following mobile number
- Ph: +91-81818 38340.
- Winner: Rs 1000+ Certificate of Appreciation
- Runner up: Rs 500 + Certificate of Appreciation
- Participation Certificate will be awarded to every Participant
For further details, kindly go through the brochure attached below:
Email: [email protected]
Shivi Chaddha: +91-88966 50235
Mansi Singh: +91-88408 94817
Reported by: Moot Court Committee, Lucknow University