Last Updated on by Admin LB
Book Review Competition by IDIA, Kerala Chapter. You can register by November 12, 2021.
Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education (IDIA) is a non-profit organization working in India which aims to empower underprivileged children by providing them with equal access to quality legal education. It is a student-run organization that aims to train underprivileged students and transform them into leading lawyers and community advocates. We conduct sensitizations across India to spread awareness among underprivileged children about opportunities in pursuing law as a career, select promising students and provide training for law entrance examinations, including the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT), provide financial aid and mentorship to these students once they secure their admission to a leading law school.
IDIA – Kerala Chapter functions from its base at The National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi, which is the only National Law University in Kerala. The Kerala Chapter is run entirely by student volunteers from NUALS, with an aim to help underprivileged students in the state.
To know more about IDIA, visit the website here.
About Book Review Competition by IDIA and Eligibility
The Kerala Chapter of IDIA is hosting a Book Review Competition for all the bibliophiles out there (You can participate even if you’re not a bibliophile). The competition is open to students pursuing under-graduation from any recognised University in India. The review may be of any of the books listed below:
- The Girl on the Train
- Crime and Punishment
- The Book Thief
- The Alchemist
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- The Kite Runner
- The Da Vinci Code
- The God of Small Things
- Kane and Abel
- And the Mountains Echoed
- The Argumentative Indian
- One Hundred Years of Solitude
- Animal Farm
The Minimum Contribution (Registration fee) for participating is ₹100.
Payment and Registration Details
- Account Holder: Aashna D
- Phone Number (for GPay): +91 95444 07235
- UPI ID: [email protected]
- Account Number: 36959802328
- IFSC Code: SBIN0070664
- Country: IN
- Bank Address: State Bank of India, 1st floor, Pazhoor Arcade, Patturaikkal Junction, Thiruvambady, Thrissur, Kerala, 680001
- BIC: SBININBB401
Please note that you will be required to upload the proof of payment with the Registration Form.
Click here to register.
Guidelines for Submission
- All submissions must be mailed to [email protected] with the subject line “Submission: Book Review Competition”. The manuscript should be accompanied by a Cover Letter specifying the author’s name, designation, institution, contact number, and email for future reference.
- Please make sure to mention the name of the book in the mail body.
- By submitting a work, the author undertakes that the article is an original work and has not been submitted, accepted or published elsewhere.
- Plagiarism will result in summary rejection of the submission.
- The length of the article must not exceed 1500 words.
- The content should be written in Times New Roman Font with a font size of 12. Line Spacing should be 1.5.
- Citations if any, must be in Times New Roman font, with font size 10 and line spacing 1.
- Submissions may follow any standard style of citation.
- Submissions must be made in .doc/.docx formats only.
- Entries not abiding by the above instructions will not be accepted.
- Winner: ₹1500
- 1st runner up: ₹1000
- 2nd runner up: ₹500
- Last date for Registration: 12th November 2021
- Last date for Submission: 15th November 2021
- Tinu George (+91 62353 77447)
- TS Sneha (+91 88488 90696)
Reported By – Team IDIA