Call for Papers by NLUA Law Review [Vol 5]: Submit by September 30th 2021.[Extended Deadline]
About NLUALR NLUA Law Review is one of the flagship journals of National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam. It has been established with the objective of becoming a formidable instrument in taking the standard of legal research in the country up by several notches. It is an Annual Peer reviewed Journal focusing on inter- disciplinary and multi-disciplinary… Read More »
NLUA Law Review is one of the flagship journals of National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam. It has been established with the objective of becoming a formidable instrument in taking the standard of legal research in the country up by several notches. It is an Annual Peer reviewed Journal focusing on inter- disciplinary and multi-disciplinary approaches towards legal writing. The Journal is run by a Student Editorial Board and assisted by a Faculty Editorial Board.
The Journal aims to publish articles, case comments, book reviews on all aspects of law and related issues. Here special emphasis is placed on contemporary legal studies along with its foundational philosophical thoughts. The Journal aims at giving the opportunity to legal academia, research scholars, students, advocates and activists working for enhancement of legal scholarship. Hence, the Journal will serve as the platform for innovative thought sharing and will aim towards contributing in dynamic growth of legal knowledge. Here participants can discuss/analyse the contemporary legal challenges in Law in the form of articles, case notes, review articles etc.
About the University
The National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA) was established by the Government of Assam by way of enactment of the National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam Act, 2009 (Assam Act No. XXV of 2009). The Hon’ble Chief Justice of the Gauhati High Court is the Chancellor of the University. NLUJAA promotes and makes available modern legal education and research facilities to its students, scholars and faculty drawn from across the country, including the North East, hailing from different socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds.
The Editorial Committee of NLUA Law Review is inviting quality research papers from:
- Academicians and professionals (inter/multi-disciplinary with law);
- Judges and Advocates;
- Research Scholars; and
- Students, if the editorial board deems it fit to be an extraordinary work of scholarly merit.
CATEGORIES OF SUBMISSION
Research paper should be thematic and identification of sub-themes will be highly appreciated. It should have proper research questions and should also reflect the findings. The submission can be sent under the following categories :
- Research Articles: (5000 and 7000 words) Authors have to submit research papers which comprehensively examine the topic. It should reflect innovative re-assessment of the theme. It is advisable, though not necessary, to choose a theme that is of contemporary importance. Purely theoretical-analytical pieces are also welcome.
- Notes / Comments: (2000 and 3500 words) This section should include a thought provoking and innovative piece consisting chiefly of personal opinions, analysis or criticism on recent development from the legal perspective.
- Case / Report Comments: (maximum 2500 words) This part should entail an analysis of recent Indian or International judicial pronouncements relevant to the themes. It must identify and examine the line of cases in which the decision in question came about, and comment on implications for the evolution of that branch of law.
- Book Review: (1000- 1500 words) The Reviewer should identify the relevant arguments put forth by the author and present a comprehensive analysis of the same. The Hard copy of the book must be provided. [Word limit is inclusive of footnote]
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
- Submissions should be in Times New Roman, 12 fonts with 1.5 line spacing, justified text and 1-inch margins on all sides of an A4 sheet.
- Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, 10-font size with 1.0 line spacing.
- Endnotes / Bibliography and in-text citations are not allowed.
- Graphics, Charts, Tables, and Diagrams should be numbered consecutively and included in the body of the work.
- Headings should follow the following standard:
- TITLE OF THE SUBMISSION: Upper-case, bold, font size 14
- HEADINGS: Uppercase, bold, font size 14
- Sub-Headings: Title-case, bold, font size 12
- Sub-Sub-Heading: Title-case, italics, font size 12
- Submissions must contain an Abstract (250-300 words) that outlines the main questions or themes addressed in the paper followed with five Keywords.
- Submissions must be emailed at [email protected] (only in .docx format). The cover letter should include the author’s profile.
- The submission must be the original work of the author and must not have been submitted elsewhere or pending review.
- Co-authorship is allowed. Maximum number of Co-author for a submission shall only be one.
- Mode of citation will be OSCOLA (Oxford University Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities), latest edition.
- For further queries kindly e-mail at [email protected]
The Journal shall retain all copyright arising out of any publications and only the moral rights will vest with the author.
The Last Date for submissions is September 30th 2021
MODE OF SUBMISSION: Online only
The manuscript should be accompanied with the author’s name, designation, institute, contact number and e-mail for future reference.