HPNLU, Shimla is launching the Second Volume of its annual online publication, HPNLU Law Journal (HLJ) (ISSN: 2582-8533). The volume is scheduled to be released in the second quarter of 2022.
HLJ is now accepting submissions from academicians (including faculty members, research scholars, and students), judges, and professionals for this volume. The HLJ is not a limited review of laws but promotes and prescribes writings with an interdisciplinary perspective. Though, the scope of the content of the HLJ is wide, it is advised that the writers should focus on contemporary legal developments, looking at it from the lens of social impact of such developments.
About the HPNLU Law Journal
The Law Journal is envisioned to be an essential for promoting multi-disciplinary studies (with law being the focal point) which sits at the core of the National Education Policy, 2020. HLJ promotes research by bringing together legal thoughts from the academia, professionals, social science scholars, and students to add to the existing debates. The Journal maintains its quality by using the technique of double-blind peer review and rigorous editing of each article.
In order to ensure that the quality is not foregone, after the final editing, a further review of the selected articles is done by the Editorial Team for finalising whether these articles can be a part of the final publication. Any queries about the journal and submissions therein maybe directed to – [email protected].
- Articles – 7000-12000 Words
- Case Comments – 4000-8000 Words
- Notes or Legislative Review – 5000-8000 Words
- Book Reviews – 1500-3000 Words
Note: The word limit prescribed for each category is inclusive of the footnotes and references.
There is no prescribed theme(s) or topic(s) for the HLJ. All submissions, whether relating to the legal developments directly or otherwise, are welcome. Inter-disciplinary studies are promoted and contemporary topics of socio-economic relevance are suggested to the writers
All contributions have to be submitted in electronic form. The paper should be processed in MS Office and the following guidelines must be followed,
- Paragraphs should be double spaced.
- Margin on the left and the right-hand side for the paragraphs should be one and half inches.
- Font should be in type – Palatino Linotype and size – 11, throughout the paper.
- Footnotes should be in font size 10.
- Use of italics, bold font, and single inverted commas is suggested for the manuscript.
Each submission should include in the first page an Abstract of the paper. The length of the abstract should not exceed 300 words
Covering Letter and Undertaking
All submissions should carry with itself Covering Letter and Undertaking in the Pro-forma prescribed in Annexure – 1 of this notice for call of papers.
Acceptance and Communication
The decision on the acceptance of the paper for publication will be of the editorial board which shall be final. The decision of acceptance will be communicated to the contributor. Due to the large number of submissions that the HLJ receives, it would not be feasible to reply to each contributor individually. Therefore, in case you do not receive any communication from the team, kindly consider your contribution, as not being considered for the current volume. The contributors are however encouraged to research and improvise and resubmit the paper for future volume(s) of the HLJ.
The last date for submission of the manuscript is 31st July 2021.
- Citation: For citation and references, The Bluebook, A Uniform System of Citation (20th Edn.), should be strictly followed. (Author(s) may visit freely accessible website of Cornell University Law School: http://www.law.cornell.edu/citation/
- Lengthy Quotations discouraged: Author(s) should avoid long quotations and keep it at minimum wherever necessary with full and proper acknowledgement.
- Footnotes: Lengthy and multi-paragraph footnotes are discouraged. It should mention the page(s) of the source(s) and in case where a Court Judgment issued, the footnote should also mention the paragraph of the judgment in addition to the page number of the Reporter.
- Websites: Only authoritative websites may be cited. References to internet sources such as Wikipedia, blogs, commercial websites, etc., are not acceptable.
- Refer to the HPNLU Law Journal Volume – I for the style of citation and footnoting.
Terms and Conditions
The authors and contributors should comply with following terms and conditions:
- The submission should be well researched/documented following the uniform style guide given above.
- The submission should be the original work of the contributor and not a compilation of pre-existing works on the subject, and it should not amount to the violation of others’ copyright. The contributor has to give a declaration as to the originality of the work.
- The copyright in all articles, published in the Volume, shall vest in the owner of the Law Review i.e. HPNLU, Shimla.
- The views adopted from other sources and others’ work must be quoted and sufficiently acknowledged.
- Paraphrasing another author’s work shall not be considered as original work. If, however, such paraphrasing is inevitable as also necessary, the same shall be acknowledged.
The Contributor has to cover the risk of being sued for copyright, defamation, or contempt and shall be liable to suffer the losses if caused by copyright violation.
HLJ Volume I can be accessed here
Email: [email protected].
Ph: 0177-2779802, 0177-2779803
Address: 16 Mile, Shimla-Mandi National Highway, Ghandal District Shimla, Himachal Pradesh – 171014, India
For more details Click here
Reported by: Nikita Sharma