Last Updated on by Admin LB
School of Law, University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun takes immense pleasure to share with you that UPES Law Review is entering into its third cycle of publication. This Law Review is the most pioneered journal published by School of Law, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun, Uttarakhand.
UPES Law Review invites scholarly original manuscripts for publication. The Law Review does not restrict itself to domain-specific legal research. Therefore, scholars/experts from diverse legal fields and domain are encouraged to contribute their research work for publication in the Law Review.
UPES Law Review is a peer-reviewed journal with an advisory board and editorial board comprising of experts from the diverse legal areas. The Law Review is published with an objective to provide a platform to judges, jurists, academicians, legal practitioners and young scholars to express their views on diverse legal issues involving complex legal questions.
- Short Articles / Case Notes / Commentaries: 4000 – 5000 words
- Research Articles / Papers: 8000 – 10000 words
- Book Review: 1000 – 1500 Words
The word limit mentioned above Includes Footnotes. For book reviews, only unsolicited entries are encouraged. It is also required that the book must have been published/reprinted in the last three year from the date of submission.
The UPES Law Review requests the contributors for compliance with the following guidelines:
- All manuscripts must be submitted in English. Authors must ensure that all submissions are exclusive to UPES Law Review. All submitted articles are subject to peer review. All the Authors are expected to maintain high standards with respect to publication ethics.
- All the contributions should be the original work of the contributors and must not have been submitted for publication in any other journal. Any plagiarized work will be out-rightly rejected.
- A cover letter should include the name of the Author and address, designation, institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and contact information (email, phone etc.). UPES Law Review is a peer-reviewed journal. Thus, it is expected from the Author / Authors to not to include their name/affiliation etc. anywhere in the paper except on the cover letter.
- Articles must be in a Microsoft Word compatible format (.doc or .docx preferred). Articles should be in Times New Roman, font size 12 pt and double-spaced. The main title should be in full capitals, bold and centered with font size 16 pt. Sub-titles should be in sentence case, bold with font size 12 pt. Every submission except book reviews are expected to have an Abstract of the paper not exceeding 300 words, exactly above the main text and below the main title. Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 pt with single spacing.
- Please use footnotes instead of endnotes. Footnotes should conform to the Bluebook Uniform Style of Citation (20th Edition).
- The contributions accepted for publication shall be the intellectual property of UPES Law Review. The Law Review will send the Copyright agreement to the Authors of the accepted papers. Duly filled/scanned Copyright Agreement Form should be submitted by Authors within 30 days of receipt of the agreement. Publication process will not be initiated in absence of the accepted copy of the agreement.
- All submissions are to be made through online submission after registering oneself. Please refer to the link: http://ojs.ddn.upes.ac.in/ojs/index.php/ULR
- In case of any difficulty/issue, kindly email to [email protected]. If you are still unable to submit online, please submit your paper in word documents (preferably word 2007 or 2010) via email.
The last date for submission of manuscripts is 30th April 2018.
Dr. Azim Pathan
Editor, UPES Law Review
Assistant Professor, School of Law,
University of Petroleum and Energy Studies
Email: [email protected]