Last Updated on by Admin LB
Dharmashastra National Law University is organizing “CCI-DNLU 2nd Justice G.P. Singh Memorial National Corporate Law Moot Court Competition, 2022.”
About the Organizers
Dharmashastra National Law University (DNLU) was established by the Madhya Pradesh National Law University Act 24 of 2018. The University was unveiled by the noted legal luminaries, leaders, and educationists in 2018 with a vision to be the center of excellence in legal education and research by disseminating quality education and training; nurturing vibrant legal culture through judicious practices and ethically responsible pursuits.
The University is empanelled with the Competition Commission of India as a part of “The Panel of Reputed Institutions having Expertise in Law, Economics, Finance and Management for Competitive Assessment of Economic Bills and Legislations” and is actively engaged to pursue and encourage innovative scholarship and research in Competition Law.
Competition Commission of India has been established by the Central Government with effect from 14th October 2003, with an endeavour to eliminate practices having an adverse effect on competition, promote and sustain competition, protect the interests of consumers and ensure freedom of trade in the markets of India. The Commission also undertakes advocacy programs to promote the discipline and practice of Competition Law.
Details about the Competition
Dates of the Moot:
February 18-20, 2022.
Eligibility: The competition shall be open to students who are –
- Pursuing an integrated 5-year LL.B. programme in India; or
- Pursuing a 3-year LL.B. programme in India.
Team Composition: Each team shall constitute a minimum of two members and a maximum of three members. Under no condition shall a team consisting more than 3 members be allowed to participate.
The competition is planned virtually on Google Meet.
Registration fee: INR 3,000/-
Registration Procedure: The registration form is to be filled in soft copy and the fees for each team of INR 3,000/- has to be paid online in the account mentioned below :
Account Name: Dharmashastra National Law University A/c Moot Court Committee
Account Number: 519302010221761
IFSC Code: UBIN0551937
Branch: Union Bank of India, State Bar Council, High Court, Jabalpur
All the participating institutions have to confirm participation by sending the soft copy of the form along with the receipt of the online payment to [email protected] on or before January 25, 2022 by 5:00 PM.
- Best Team: The Team winning the final round of the Competition shall be given a cash prize of INR 40,000/- (Indian Rupees Forty Thousand Only)
- Runners Up: The runners up team in the final round of the Competition shall be given a trophy and a cash prize of INR 25,000/- (Indian Rupees Twenty Five Thousands Only)
- Best Speaker: The speaker having the highest score in the preliminary rounds shall be given a cash prize of INR 10,000/- (Indian Rupees Ten Thousand Only)
- Best Memorial: The team having the highest average memorial score from both sides shall be given a cash prize of INR 15000/- (Indian Rupees Fifteen Thousand Only)
- Best Researcher: The participant having the highest score in the researcher’s test shall be given a cash prize of INR 10,000/- (Indian Rupees Ten Thousand Only)
- Certificates of merit shall be given to all the teams qualifying for quarter-finals and beyond.
- Certificate of participation shall be given to all the participating teams.
- Certificate of Merit shall be given to the team having the second-highest average memorial score from both sides
- Certificate of Merit shall be given to the participant having the second-highest score in the researcher’s test.
- Certificate of Merit shall be given to the speaker having the second-highest score in the preliminary rounds
Last date of registration: 25th January, 2022
Date for Memorial Submission: 15th February 2022
Researcher’s Test: 18th February 2022
Oral rounds: 19th February 2022 to 20th February 2022
Ms. Aditi Richa Tiwary, Convener
Phone: +91 94247-26559
Ms. Ishita, Secretary
Phone: +91 94791-30140
Ms. Richa Gupta, Co-Convener
Phone: +91 94246-98422
Mr. Shivam Dubey, Dy. Secretary
Official link for the competition: Here
Reported By: Aditi Richa Tiwary, Convener