Submissions are welcomed for Volume 9 of the NLSIU International Journal on Consumer Law and Practice (IJCLP). The Journal welcomes contributions from academicians, practitioners, students of law, and allied fields.
About NLSIU International Journal on Consumer Law and Practice (IJCLP)
The National Law School of India University (NLSIU) is an institution of legal education focusing on undergraduate and graduate legal and policy education in India. The International Journal on Consumer Law and Practice (IJCLP) is a Blind-Peer- reviewed, law journal published annually by NLSIU under the aegis of the Chair on Consumer Law and Practice, NLSIU (CLAP).
Previous issues have featured contributions by Hon. Justice AK Sikri (Judge, Supreme Court of India), HC Mult Norbert Reich (Emeritus Professor, Bremen University, Germany), Cristina Poncibò (Assoc. Prof., Comparative Private Law, University of Turin, Italy), Laura Zoboli (Asst. Prof., European Economic Law, University of Warsaw, Poland), James P Nehf (Prof. and Cleon H Foust Fellow, Robert H McKinney School of Law Indiana University), Gail Pearson (Prof., University of Sydney, Australia), etc. IJCLP seeks to provide a forum for engaging in discussion on various National and International Issues on Consumer Protection Laws.
Following the Eight successful volumes of the Journal and in continuance of the endeavour to encourage academic discourse and legal scholarship, the Board of Editors invites submission for the Ninth Volume. The Journal welcomes contributions from academicians, practitioners, students of law and allied fields.
Timeline for Submission
Deadline for submission is 30th March 2021.
Contemporary Issues in Consumer Protection.
- Critical Analysis of Consumer Protection Act 2019 in comparison with developed countries.
- International Consumer Protection Framework & Policy
- New Age Contemporary Issues & Challenges
- Role of Regulatory Authorities in Consumer Protection
- Comparative study of Product Liability in India with developed Countries
- Technological Advancements in Protection and Enforcement of Consumer Rights
The sub-themes listed above are merely indicative and not exhaustive.
- Articles and Research Papers with abstract (6,000-8,000 words inclusive of footnotes).
- Essay (3,000-4,000 words inclusive of footnotes).
- Case Comment, Legislative Briefs (2,500-3,000 words inclusive of footnotes).
- Note (2,500 words inclusive of footnotes).
- Book Review (2,000 words inclusive of footnotes).
Format of Submission
- The submission shall not contain the name of the author or institutional affiliation or any other identification mark. Submission shall be sent in .doc or .docx format only.
- A separate cover letter in (.doc) or (.docx) format containing particulars of the author(s) and the submission is to be sent along with the submission. A cover letter should include –
- Title of Submission,
- Sub-theme Chosen (if any)
- Abstract (not exceeding 300 words)
- Name of the Author & Co-Author (Only one Co-author is permitted)
- Institutional Affiliation
- Contact Information and Address for Correspondence.
- The body of the submission should be in Times New Roman, with Font Size 12 and Line Spacing of 1.5. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 with Single Line Spacing.
- All citations should be placed in footnotes (and not endnotes) and shall conform to the Oxford Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (4th edn, 2012).
- The submission should contain a disclaimer to the effect that the piece is original and has not been published or is under consideration, for publication, elsewhere.
- All submissions are subject to Plagiarism check.
- All submissions go through an initial round of review by the editorial board and the selected pieces are subsequently sent for peer review, before finalization for publication.
Only electronic submissions are accepted. Kindly submit your submission on the Google form mentioned below along with the cover letter, and resume on or before 30th March 2021 for it to be considered for volume IX.
Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] for any queries.
Reported by: Prof.(Dr.) Ashok R. Patil