Last Updated :
Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU) Visakhapatnam is pleased to announce that Society for Law and Technology (SOLT) is organizing a team-based simulation titled “DSNLU: WIPO Model Assembly of Member States,” on 16-17th March 2018 at DSNLU Campus.
This simulation is a unique attempt to reach out to a large number of students pursuing law, science, and humanities.
The simulation will cover the philosophy of intellectual property rights, various technical and legal dimensions of IPR, implications of IPR for growth and development of science, along with the various socio-economic and ethico-legal consequences of IPR on economic development.
The intricacies and effectiveness of the contemporary IPRs will be examined in the backdrop of its historical evolution, integration of the world economy, and technological complexity.
Eligibility and Teams
- Team of Three (3) Candidates – One will be Head Delegate
- Individual entries will not be entertained
- This simulation is open to the candidates who are pursuing their graduation or post graduation from a recognized institute.
- WIPO Rules of Procedure will be followed
Call for Papers
- Teams have to submit Innovative solutions for the event on any specific Theme/ Sub-Theme of their choice is not more than 1000 words which will be selected by a panel of experts as the best Proposal for the conference.
- They can propose models and policy briefs in the following format.
- Teams shall submit a proposal that comprises the following
- Statement of the problem: Teams must successfully identify a problem
which they propose to solve and illustrate its relevance.
- Solution: The second part of the proposal must provide a solution in
the form of a law, regulatory model, technological intervention, or
any other approach that the team deems fit.
- The proposal should not exceed 1000 words in length excluding abstract and author details.
- The abstract should be 100 to 250 words.
- Submissions without abstracts and author details will not be accepted.
- References should be in the form of footnotes. Usage of endnotes is not permitted.
- Proposals must be in font Trebuchet MS, size 11 and with 1.5 spacing.
- Footnotes must be in font Trebuchet MS, size 10, single line spacing and in Oscola citation style.
- Tables, pie charts, and similar tools may be used.
- Proposals shall be assessed on the basis of ability to identify a problem and
the novelty of proposed solutions.
- Simulation Dates: 16th & 17th March 2018
- Last date for submission of Position Papers: 25th February 2018
- Intimation of selected teams: 28th February 2018
- Last date for Payment of Registration Fee: 2nd March 2018
E-mail Id: [email protected]
Punyashlok Dash: 7978670989
Vaisakhi Muddana: 9182244566