Call for Submissions: IP and Technology Law | CSIPR, NLIU Bhopal
Cell for Studies in Intellectual Property Rights, National Law Institute University, Bhopal invites submissions on IP and Technology Law. Submissions to the blog shall be accepted on a rolling basis and shall be open to students, academicians and professionals. About the Blog Cell for Studies in Intellectual Property Rights (CSIPR) is a cell constituted in the National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU) that aims… Read More »
Cell for Studies in Intellectual Property Rights, National Law Institute University, Bhopal invites submissions on IP and Technology Law. Submissions to the blog shall be accepted on a rolling basis and shall be open to students, academicians and professionals.
About the Blog
Cell for Studies in Intellectual Property Rights (CSIPR) is a cell constituted in the National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU) that aims at promotion and development of knowledge in Intellectual Property Rights (IPR). It introduces students to myriad aspects of Intellectual Property laws by organising academic endeavours which include conferences, workshops and also through print publications such as our flagship journal, NLIU Journal of IP Law. The Blog on Technology and Intellectual Property Law aims to serve as a forum for the expression of the authors’ views on various topics of IP law and technology. We wish to create a resourceful one-stop destination for posts on IP law and technology while keeping the quality of submissions at the centre of it.
The Blog on IP and Technology Law is an initiative of the students in the CSIPR to encourage research in the field of IPR and to promote an environment of debate and discussion on issues related to Technology law by inviting submissions from interested individuals and publishing them (subject to review). The Blog shall serve as a resourceful one-stop destination for developments and legal insights in fields of IPR and technology law, ensuring further contribution to the existing jurisprudence in them.
Submissions to the blog shall be accepted on a rolling basis and shall be open to students, academicians and professionals.
Theme of the paper
The Blog on IP and Technology Law accepts submissions which add to the discourse in areas of Intellectual Property and Technology Laws.
- A post shall be accepted for publication if it falls within the scope of the blog, i.e. intellectual property law and/or technology law. It is essential that the subject matter of the submissions relates to contemporary issues in IP and/or technology law. We welcome submissions that explore the commercial implication (e.g. IP & innovation) or industrial relevance (e.g. technology & media) of these laws, as well. Authors are encouraged to contribute to pre-existing literature by providing novel perspectives/ ideas/ opinions through their post.
- A submission shall have at least 800words and shall not exceed 1500 words.
- Co-authorship of up to two authors is permitted.
- Submissions must be made in MS Word format only.
- The author/s may write to [email protected] in case of any concerns over the selection of a topic to write on.
- Considering the semi-formal nature of the blog, it shall be appreciated that referencing be done only through hyperlinks, wherever necessary. Authors are particularly encouraged to reference recent amendments and obscure laws. The authors may, however, choose to cite authorities (if and when it is absolutely necessary) using endnotes. In doing so, authors must follow the guidelines given in the Oxford Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities.
- Each post shall undergo a two-stage internal review process. Our editors reserve the absolute discretion to approve or reject a post for publication. For a post to be successfully published on the blog, the author/s may be required to alter the language/grammar, justify her/his structure/position on the law and reply to the comments of the reviewers.
- Authors are required to make their submissions only using our submission form. All required fields must be filled out correctly and to the best of the authors’ knowledge.
- By way of their submission, the authors confirm that the submission represents their original work and that it has not been copied or plagiarized in whole or in part from other works. Moreover, such submission shall also mean that the authors confirm that the work is not under consideration or review for publication by any other blog/journal/website or a similar entity. CSIPR reserves the right to take action against authors who are found to not abide by this.
- Posts which first appear on the Blog may be republished and/or cross-posted without prior permission. However, this is subject to the subsequent publications mentioning “this post was first published on the Blog for IP and Technology Law (www.csipr.nliu.ac.in)” and informing us of such subsequent publication via email ([email protected]). Further, posts which first appear on the Blog may also be cited and/or referenced in other works only if due credit is given to the author and to the Blog.
- Submission Form: Click here
- Oxford Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities: Available here
- CSIPR Official website: Click here
Email: [email protected]
Reported by: Palak