Col. Dr. Jeppiaar 2nd All India Virtual Moot Court Competition 2021 | School of Law, Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology
Sathyabama School of Law is organising Col. Dr. Jeppiaar 2nd All India Virtual Moot Court Competition 2021 on theme Constitutional and Criminal Law. About Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai is a Christian Minority Institution established in 1956. It is a deemed-to-be University accredited with Grade ‘A’ by National Assessment and… Read More »
Sathyabama School of Law is organising Col. Dr. Jeppiaar 2nd All India Virtual Moot Court Competition 2021 on theme Constitutional and Criminal Law.
About Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai is a Christian Minority Institution established in 1956. It is a deemed-to-be University accredited with Grade ‘A’ by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology offers various Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral Programs in the field of Engineering, Architecture, Dental, Arts, Commerce, and Science. Admission to these courses is done on the basis of the national-level exams conducted all over the country.
About School of Law
Sathyabama School of Law aspires to be an internationally-renowned centre for research and teaching in law. School of Law is dedicated in advancing human dignity, social welfare, and justice through knowledge of the law. School of Law offers B.A.LL.B (Honors), B.Com. LL.B (Honours), B.B.A.LL.B (Honours) and LL.B Programmes. Our courses are academically rigorous, informed by the latest research. Courses are taught by dedicated, efficient, and industrious faculty and a cadre of intellects that includes respected judges and experienced practitioners. We work with a wide variety of groups including the legal profession, policymakers, research bodies, and organizations.
Theme of the Competition
The Moot Proposition of the competition will be based majorly on (Constitutional and Criminal Laws).
- The participant teams are required to register provisionally through a mail confirming your participation (details of the team, roles, and name of your institution) to [email protected].
- Once the provisional registration is successfully completed, the teams are required to complete the main registration.
- The last date for provisional registration is 15.03.2021.
- The Main Registration shall be completed by filling up the google form which will be mailed by the Organizing Committee once your provisional registration is successfully completed.
Registration Link: Click here to Register
- The Google Form must be filled once by each team and College Identity Card/ any other identification document of each participant must be also be uploaded with the Google Forms. The section for the same has been created in the form.
- Teams are supposed to complete their Registration by 15.03.2021 by 10:00 pm IST. [Extended]
- The registration fee shall be Rs. 2000 per team.
- The Mode of Payment of the registration fee shall be Account Transfer or UPI transfer.
- The registration fee shall be paid in favour of the below-mentioned Account.
- Account Number: 616546836
- IFSC Code: IDIB000S201
- Account Holder’s Name: Dr. Dilshad Shaik
Google Pay Number: 9849000331
- The Registration shall be deemed complete only when the Registration Fee has been remitted successfully and the Application form is duly filled.
- Once the application form is filled, the Organizing Committee shall send a confirmation mail to the teams [within 24 hours of registration], which shall consist of their Team Code.
- The teams shall quote this Team Code in all further communications with the Organizing Committee.
- The registration fee shall be non-refundable and non-transferable.
Format of the Competition
- The competition shall consist of Preliminary Round, Quater finals, Semi-finals and a Final round.
- The oral round shall consist of two Preliminary Rounds, Quater finals, semi-finals, and a Final round. Top eight participants will proceed to the Quarterfinals.
- All the other rules for the Quarterfinals shall be similar to the preliminary rounds
- Winner: 10,000 INR and merit certificate.
- Runner up: 5,000 INR and merit certificate.
- Best Student Advocate: 2,000 INR and merit certificate.
- Best Memorial: 2000 INR and merit certificate.
- Certificate of Participation: E-certificate of participation shall be provided to all the participants who will be submitting the memorial.
- Releasing Problem: 24th February 2021
- Last date of Provisional Registration: 15th March 2021 [Extended]
- Last date for Payment and closing of registration: 15th March 2021
- Last date for Memorial submission: 05th April 2021
- Announcement of Memorial mark: 07th April 2021
- Last date for Authority submission: 07th April 2021
- Inauguration, Drawing of lots and memorial exchange: 08th April 2021
- Preliminary rounds, quarter-finals: 09th April 2021
- Semifinals, finals, and valedictory: 10th April 2021
For Moot Problem & Brochure: Click here
Email: [email protected]
Mr. P.S.S. Gowrishangar: +91-96298 48534, +91-98490 00331
Moot Court Society
Ms. P. Arya Abaranji (President)
- Ph: +91-95000 44929
Mr. C.G. Eeshwaa(Vice-President)
- Ph: +91-63835 50954
Ms. V.J. Bhagavath Harini(Treasurer)
- Ph: +91-63807 34025
Mr. V. Naveen(Secretary)
- Ph: +91-99403 18218
Reported by: Dr. Dilshad Shaik
Professor & Dean, School of Law
Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology (Deemed to be University)