Last Updated on by Admin LB
UILS, Panjab University, Chandigarh is organizing a Declamation Competition to celebrate Gandhi Jayanti on October 2, 2021, under the guidance of Prof. (Dr.) Raj Kumar (Chief Patron), Vice-Chancellor, Panjab University, Chandigarh; Prof. (Dr.) Rajinder Kaur, Director, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh; Dr. Pushpinder Kaur, Associate Professor (Law), University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh. Dr. Amita Verma, P.O. NSS Law Unit – cum – Associate Professor (Law), University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- The competition is open to all the students pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s/PG degree or Certificate course from any affiliated University/College/Institute.
- No restriction on the number of entries from one university/college/institute.
Theme of Competition
The participants are free to choose their topic from the below-mentioned themes:
- Nonviolence and Multilateral Diplomacy
- Relevance of Gandhian Philosophy in the 21stcentury
- India and the Anglo-Boer War
- Gandhi – from an Ordinary Barrister to the Father of Nation
- Movement of Truth & Force: Satyagrah
- There are no registration fees for the competition.
- One is required to register for the Declamation Competition: Gandhi Jayanti via given link: Click Here
- Participants can register themselves till October 06, 2021.
Rules of Declamation Competition
- The language of the contest shall be English only.
- The participants will speak on the topic with areas given on.
- The speech will be of 5-7 minutes duration.
- The time limit will be strictly enforced.
- The first warning bell would be struck at the 5th minute.
- The final warning bell will be given 30 seconds before the 7th minute.
- The speaker is expected to memorize their speech and is not allowed to read any part of the speech from papers, notes, or cards.
The contestants may keep in view the following points while delivering their speech:
- Greeting & introduction of the subject.
- Exposition of the main theme (Conciseness & clarity of message, originality/points of interest, Incorporation of Personal References, Quotations, etc).
- Memorization (evaluated by pauses)
- Verbal Clarity (Annunciation and pronunciation of words, voice strength, and projection) Presentation/Speaking style (Mannerisms, Audience contact and voice modulation, ability to keep the audience engaged by their speaking style).
- General rules of marking are as per the following criteria out of the marks allocated against each category:
|S. No.||Marking Criteria||Marks|
|1.||Command over subject||20|
|4.||Clarity of Ideas and Thoughts||20|
|6.||Starting and Ending of Declamation||10|
- The marks awarded by all the judges should be added for arriving at the total marks of a participant.
- The average marks thus calculated shall be the final score for a particular participant based on the scores a merit list shall be prepared.
- Based on which those who have scored the highest marks in order of merit Top 8 performers shall qualify for Round II.
- Those who have scored the highest marks in round II in order of merit shall be declared 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Prize winners.
Important Dates and Platform
- The Declamation Competition will be conducted via Microsoft Teams.
- Link & schedule will be provided via mail to the participants.
- The 1st Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 1500 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The 2nd Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 1200+ Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- The 3rd Winner will get a cash prize of Rs. 900 + Certificate of Merit (E-Certificate).
- All the participants will be given the Certificate of Participation (E-Certificate).
- Prof. Raj Kumar, Vice-Chancellor, Panjab University
- Dr. (Prof.) Rajinder Kaur, Chairman, SFQ, UILS, PU–cum-Director, University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Dr. Pushpinder Kaur, Faculty Co-ordinator, SFQ, UILS, PU–cum-Associate Professor (Law), University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh
- Dr. Amita Verma, P.O. NSS Law Unit-cum-Associate Professor (Law), University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh
Kindly mail your queries at – [email protected]
In case of any query, you can also contact our student convenors via:
- Vaibhav Goyal (President): +91 97815 20216
- Rabia Mittal (Secretary): +91 97802 12040
- Pranjali Aggarwal (Treasurer): +91 78588 20006
- Prakhar Sharma (Event Coordinator): +91 98137 55975
- Ujjawal Aggarwal (Event Coordinator): +91 70091 78394
- Drishti (Event Coordinator) : +91 94639 08998
Reported By – Society For Quiz
- Law Library: Notes and Study Material for LLB, LLM, Judiciary and Entrance Exams
- Legal Bites Academy – Ultimate Test Prep Destination