Center of Excellence in Intellectual Property Rights, ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad in collaboration with Institution’s Innovation Council, IFHE, Hyderabad is organizing a Two-day National E-Conference on “Intellectual Property Rights: Breaking Conventionalities and Future Prospects”. The conference will be conducted on 17th and 18th April 2021.
About the Conference
In the present era of technology, the existing intellectual property regime has witnessed a significant paradigm shift with the change in time. Intellectual property protection act as an important business tool in the hands of innovators, researchers, start-ups, industries and companies. The advent of new innovations with newer forms of protection give rise to effective competition in the market but at the same time leads to various debatable issues at the heart of the existing form of protection.
The conference will also provide an insight on the momentum created by the Atma-Nirbhar Bharat and Make in India on the intellectual property regime which has opened up unique opportunities for individuals, start-ups, MSMEs and entrepreneurs to enter into the arena of entrepreneurship to form a self-reliant nation.
The objective of this conference is to provide a platform to academicians, professionals, researchers and students to discuss and provide solution to various key issues and operational challenges raised by changing dimensions of existing intellectual property regime. The conference will provide a valuable insight on the various challenges faced by authors, innovators and proprietors of intellectual property assets during different stages of the Lifecycle of an IP asset including development, protection, management, enforcement and to accelerate collaboration of all Stakeholders under the Intellectual Property system.
Call for Papers
The conference invites original research articles on various areas of intellectual property rights in the form of full- length scholarly papers documenting substantial research work. Contributions are invited from Academicians, Professionals, Research Scholars and students focusing on the emerging areas of IPR laws. Research Articles may be submitted from any of the substantive areas of IPR, including but not limited to the following themes of the conference.
Intellectual Property Rights in Digital Era
- Copyright in digital era
- Misappropriation of IP assets in the era of digitalization and E-commerce
- Data protection, IPR and internet intermediaries’ liabilities in the fourth industrial revolution
- Domain Name and Trademark issues
- Challenges and Opportunities of the IP System in the Current World
- Online dispute resolution of IP Disputes
Changing Paradigm of Intellectual Property
- Non-conventional trademarks and Trade Dress Protection
- Personality rights and IPR rights
- Neighbouring Rights
- Artificial Intelligence, blockchain and IPR
- Gene Patenting, Biotechnological Patents and Green Patents
- Technology transfer and Development
- Arbitrability of Intellectual Property Disputes
Intellectual Property Rights and Policy
- Morality and Intellectual Property
- Public interest versus monopoly rights
- IPR and human right issues
- Make in India, Atam-nirbhar Bharat and IPR regime
- Impact of IPR system in policy making
Towards a sui Generis System
- Traditional knowledge, indigenous communities, and intellectual property regime
- Plant variety protection and farmer’s rights
- Cultural Heritage and Intellectual Property rights
- Biopiracy and Bioprospecting
- Misappropriation of IP assets
The list above is only suggestive but not exhaustive. The participants may submit their research papers within the broad areas of the theme of the conference. The conference invites original research papers from academicians, advocates, industry experts, management sciences, students of law and all those related to the central theme.
The proposals should consist of an abstract of 500 words that clearly outline the research questions, methodological approach, and relevance to the field of IPR. Abstracts should be sent to [email protected] by 15th March 2021, and will be reviewed by a review panel.
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- Submissions for presentation in the conference are to be mailed the form of an abstract of 500 words and full research papers (Not less than 5000 words)with footnotes in bluebook 20th edition format.
- The research paper is to be typed in Font Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing 1.5, headings to be typed in font size 14 Bold and footnotes in font size 10.
- The abstract should be of 400-500 words with minimum five keywords and must be accompanied by a cover page consisting of the author’s details.
- All the submissions are to be sent to email ID: [email protected].
Conference Proceedings and Publication
All the accepted full research papers submitted before deadline will be published in a book form with ISBN number. The presentation of accepted research paper is mandatory for the purpose of publication.
- Best Researcher: 3,000 INR
- Second Best Paper: 2,000 INR
- Third Best Paper: 1,500 INR
- Academicians / Professionals: Rs.1500/-
- Students and Research Scholars: Rs.1000/-
Registration Link: Click here to Register
Registration fee should be paid through RTGS/NEFT to the account mentioned below. For registration, proof of payment (screenshot, etc. clearly indicating the transaction reference number) along with full name, affiliation, and email id may be sent by 31st March 2021 to the coordinators by email. Authors desirous of submitting their papers for presentation in the conference should submit the proof of payment along with the final paper.
- Account No: 020201007037
- Type of Account: Current Account
- Name of the Account: IFHE – Seminars & Workshops A/c
- Name of the Bank: ICICI Bank
- Bank Address: Nerella House, No.4, Nagarjuna Hills,
- Punjagutta, Hyderabad – 500082, Telangana
- RTGS/NEFT IFSC Code: ICIC0000202
- Branch Code: 202
- Last date for submission of abstract 15th March, 2021
- Last date for submission of full papers 31st March, 2021
- Last date for submitting PPT 10th April, 2021
- Intimation of acceptance Within 48 hours of submission
Chairman: Prof. Dr. A. V. Narsimha Rao (Director, ICFAI Law School)
Dr. S. V. Damodar Reddy (Associate Professor, ICFAI Law School)
- Email: [email protected]
- Ph: +91-94402 38077
Mr. Dilip Sharma (Assistant Professor, ICFAI Law School)
- Email: [email protected]
- Ph: +91-76987 37458
About ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education
The ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE), Hyderabad is a Deemed University established under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956 and accredited by NAAC with “A” Grade. IFHE offers Management, Engineering and Law Courses and it provides world class, innovative, career-oriented professional programs through inclusive technology-aided pedagogies to equip students with the requisite professional and life skills as well as social sensitivity and high sense of ethics.
About ICFAI Law School
The ICFAI Law School is a significant segment of the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education, Hyderabad and recognized by the Bar Council of India. The ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad offers BBA.LL.B. (Hons) and BA.LL.B. (Hons) integrated five-year courses, one Year LL.M. in (1) Corporate and Commercial Laws and (2) Tax Laws. Ph.D. (full time and part time programs), and Eight Certificate Courses in Cyber Law, Infrastructure Laws, Law of Financial Services, Immigration Laws, Solid Waste Management and Law, International Trade Law, Forensic Science & Law and Goods & Services Tax Law are also offered.
About The Centre for Excellence in Intellectual Property Rights
The Centre for Excellence in IPR is a constituent of ICFAI Law School, IFHE, Hyderabad to promote research and awareness in the field of intellectual property rights. The centre is dedicated to impart IP education and training to students, academicians and professionals across the country. The centre for IPR is established to promote interdisciplinary research in the area of intellectual property law, science, technology, arts and economics.
About The Institution’s Innovation Council
The Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) is an MHRD (now MoE) initiative to promote the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship in India’s Higher Education Institutions. The IFHE has its own accredited IIC since 2018 and has been undertaking activities to foster the spirit of innovation among its students and faculty.
Reported by: Dilip Sharma
Assistant Professor, ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad