Last Updated on by Admin LB
Electronic Journal of Social and Strategic Studies (EJSSS) together with VIT-AP School of Law are coming together to conduct One Day National E-Conference on Public Health: Policy, Law and Rights Perspective with the objective of exploring the concept of public health as a human rights precept.
About the VIT-AP School of Law
Continuing with the tradition of excellence in education, Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) has started VIT-AP School of Law (VSL) at VIT-AP University, near Vijayawada during 2020. VSL approved by the Bar Council of India (BCI), aims to impart quality legal education with a robust curriculum that prepares students for future legal challenges. VSL is focused on contemporary developments and challenges and offers solutions to them.
Electronic Journal of Social and Strategic Studies is an Open Access, peer-reviewed journal for publication of research articles, book reviews, case studies and thesis synopsis pertaining to all disciplines of social sciences and strategic studies. It is a member journal of Crossref, with highly accomplished academicians and practitioners from India, Ghana, and USA on its Editorial and Review boards.
About the Seminar
In the current COVID-19 scenario, debates on Human Rights again occupy the center stage in view of enforced lockdowns. The developments which took place during lockdown challenged the human rights regime such as migrants’ movements in India and their conditions. The treatment and response from the central and state governments towards the vulnerable population raised questions about right to livlihood as well as public health. The measures to control the pandemic, including that of developing and distributing vaccines to the least developed countries and vulnerable population is raising questions of discrimination impinging on the concept of social justice.
Call for Papers
Research Papers are invited from faculties, Lawyers, Research scholars and students on any sub thematic areas or it could be submitted on the main theme in general. Selected Quality research paper will be published in Electronic Journal of Social and Strategic Studies.
- Public health and policy perspectives
- Public health: Legal and Rights Perspectives.
- Above themes are only illustrative but not exhaustive.
- The paper presenters may select topic covered under the Main theme.
Dr. G. Viswanathan Founder & Chancellor, VIT
Dr. Sekar Viswanathan Vice President, VIT
Dr. S. V. Kota Reddy, Vice-Chancellor, VIT-AP University
- Dr. R. Srinivasan, Publisher, EJSSS
- Ms. Morampudi Mahathi, Assistant Professor, VIT-AP University
Technical Program Committee
- Dr. Benarji Chakka, VIT-AP University
- Dr. C.L.V. Sivakumar, VIT-AP University
- Ms. Chitti Amrita Gulshan, VIT-AP University
- Ms. Morampudi Mahathi, VIT-AP University
- Dr. Prof. V. Vijay Kumar Vice-Chancellor of National Law Institute University, Bhopal
- Dr. R. Srinivasan, EJSSS
- Dr. M Gandhi, Professor and Dean VIT School of Law, Chennai
Link for Registration: Click here to Register
Conference will be held on Google Meet Platform. Link will be shared later.
- Last date for Submission of Abstract: 20th March 2021
- Intimation of Acceptance of Abstract: 25th March 2021
- Last date for Submission of Manuscripts:- 5th April 2021
Reported by: M. Mahathi
Asst. Professor, VIT-AP School of Law, VIT-AP University