National Essay Writing Competition | Law Society, Faculty of Law, Aligarh Muslim University
The Law Society at the Faculty of Law, Aligarh Muslim University is a student body at the Faculty of Law. It is presided over by the Dean of the Faculty of Law, AMU, Aligarh. The Society is committed to promoting the growth of the students in both academic and cultural fields. It provides a platform for the students… Read More »
The Law Society at the Faculty of Law, Aligarh Muslim University is a student body at the Faculty of Law. It is presided over by the Dean of the Faculty of Law, AMU, Aligarh. The Society is committed to promoting the growth of the students in both academic and cultural fields. It provides a platform for the students to polish their skills in Mooting, Legal Research, Legal Writing, Debating, participating in quiz competitions, etc. It also provides an environment for constructive recreation of the students by organizing fests, reading clubs, etc.
The endeavour is to instil in law students an excellent expression of thought on paper and to provide them a space for growth, improvement, and better learning.
About Aligarh Muslim University
Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) occupies a unique position amongst universities and institutions of higher learning in the country. It was established in 1920 and evolved out of the Mohammedan Anglo-Oriental (MAO) which was set up in 1877 by the great visionary and social reformer, Sir Syed Ahmad khan. From its very inception, it has kept its door open to the members of all communities and from all corners of the country and the world. The Aligarh Muslim is the realization of a vision which was broad, far-reaching and realistic
The Uniform Civil Code: a boon or bane for women’s rights in India.
Sending the essay to the given email will count as registration.
No registration fees are applicable.
- The essays must be submitted in English only
- The essays should be the original work of the authors. Any kind of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- Only sole authorship is allowed.
The body of the e-mail must specify,
- Name of the Author.
- College/ University enrolled in.
- E-mail address & Contact No. of the Author.
- The word limit for the essay is 1,500 to 2,000 words, not including footnotes.
- The essays should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12, and Line Spacing 1.5, justified.
- The footnotes must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 10, and Line Spacing 1. The margins should be 1” or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- Every citation must follow the Bluebook, 20th Edition.
- The essay must be attached in ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format. The file must be named with the Author’s Name.
- The essay must be free from all grammatical and spelling errors.
Last Date of Submission
11th April 2021, 11:59 PM.
Prof. (Dr.) M. Shakeel Ahmed Samdani (Dean, Faculty of Law, And President, Law Society)
Ayesha Nasir Alavi (Secretary)
- Ph: +91-80049 21886
Khadijatul Kubra (Joint Secretary)
- Ph: +91-70740 08181
Reported by: Ms. Ayesha Nasir Alavi
Secretary Law Society, Faculty of Law, Aligarh Muslim University