Essay Writing Competition by Centre for Advanced Studies in Criminal Law, in order to provide writers with a platform to test their adroitness for writing and an opportunity to explore a wide range of challenging and interesting questions beyond the college curriculum. The objective of the competition is to encourage students to inculcate an interest in studies in criminal law along with a passion for writing.
About Essay Writing Competition by Centre for Advanced Studies in Criminal Law
Exploring Gender Justice: The Laws and the Lacunae
- The conundrum of pro-choice and pro-life in Abortion law
- Issue Surrounding Dowry laws
- Transforming Penal Policy in Sexual Offences
- Gender and Death Penalty
- Pandemic and Domestic Violence
- Gender Violence and Role of Social Media
The above-mentioned list for sub-themes is merely illustrative and not exhaustive and hence any submission pertinent to the theme shall be accorded with consideration.
The competition is open to students enrolled in UG Or PG courses from any recognised university.
- The Essays must be submitted in English Only.
- The name(s) of the author(s) should not be mentioned anywhere in the essay.
- The word limit for essays is 2,000 to 2,500 words, not including footnotes.
- The essay should be typed in Times New Roman, font size 12 and line spacing 1.5 justified.
- The footnotes must be typed in Times New Roman, font size 10 and line spacing 1.
- The margin should be 1’’ or 2.54 cm from all sides.
- Every citation must follow Havard bluebook,20th.
- Co-authorship of up to 2 authors is permitted.
- By entering the competition, entrants declare the material does not infringe on any copyright or any licenses. It remains entrants responsibility to ensure this is the case CASCL is not liable for any losses as a result of entering this competition.
- The views expressed in essays do not reflect on the views of CASCL and remain solely the views of entrants.
- By entering the competition, you declare that all information provided is correct and not misleading, and you meet the eligibility requirements. If CASCL suspects that any false information has been provided, or if the entrant is ineligible the work will be disqualified.
- CASCL reserves the right to withdraw the application at any stage for any reason determined and appropriate by Jus Rerum.
In case of any dispute the decision of the advisory board will be final.
- Deadline for submission and registration – 10th November 2021 (11.59 PM).
- Declaration of results – 30th November 2021 (Tentative).
- No extension regarding submission shall be provided.
- 1st Prize: ₹10, 000/-
- 2nd Prize: ₹7, 000/-
- 3rd Prize: ₹5, 000/-
- E-Certificates shall be awarded to the top 10 entries.
- E -Certificate of Participation shall be awarded to all the participants.
Registration is free of cost.
Link to register: Click Here
- Prof (Dr) G.S.Bajpai, Vice-Chancellor, RGNLU
- Prof (Dr) Naresh Kumar Vats, Registrar, RGNLU
- Dr Sharanjit Kaur, Assistant Professor of Law, RGNLU
- Dr Ivneet Kaur Walia, Assistant Professor of Law, RGNLU
For Any Further Queries, Contact
- Tanya Mayal- +91 81960 19150 (Convenor, CASCL)
- Rishav Devrani- +91 78951 91377 (Convenor, CASCL)
Reported by – Team CASCL