About the Competition
We are delighted to share that Amity Law School is organizing the 5th edition of its acclaimed “National Essay Writing Competition on Nation and Nationalism 2021” in collaboration with Legal Bites. The competition aims at the invocation of distinct ideas pertaining to a Nation, brotherhood, and Nationalism through the collective participation of the people of the nation focused and aware of different aspects of Nationalism and methods to inculcate them.
Theme of the Competition
Nation and Nationalism.
Sub Themes (Choose Any)
- Agrarian landscape and Reforms in India
- Disease and World Order
- Education System
- Electoral Reforms
- Media – Contribution and Position
- Social Stigma and Taboos
- The Indian Woman
- White-Collar Crimes
- Rights of Indigenous Population
Note: You are free to name the title of the essay on your own.
- The Competition is open for all students or professionals pursuing/completed Undergraduate and Post Graduate courses in/from any recognized University across the country.
- Co-authorship: up-to two authors are permitted.
For Brochure Click here
- Single Author- Rs. 450
- Co-Author- Rs. 800
Single Author: Click here to Register
Co-Author: Click here to Register
- The essay must be written in English.
- The Essay should be of minimum 1500 words.
- Co-authorship of maximum two members is allowed.
- No part of the essay (except the cover page) should contain any identification of the author. Every participant will be allotted a submission code on registration.
- All submissions must be original and a bonafide effort of the participants and should not be submitted for any other purpose except the competition.
- Moreover, any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of essay. Organisers reserves all rights regarding eligibility/qualification/disqualification/publication of the submissions.
- Font – Times New Roman; Font Size – 12
- Line Spacing – 1.5; Alignment – Justified.
- Footnote Font Size – 10; Footnote Spacing – 1
*A confirmation mail will be sent on approval of registration.
- The submission shall consist of Cover Page [containing the allotted submission code and Title of Essay], Abstract and Essay.
- An abstract should not be more than 300 words including title and keywords. The essay should not be more than 3000 words (excluding footnotes and abstract).
- Proper references/sources should be quoted.
- Essay is to be submitted at [email protected] in word (doc or docx) format with the subject titled as Nation and Nationalism 2021: [Submission Code]
- All participants should strictly abide by the guidelines. Any deviance shall lead to disqualification.
Scoring of the Essay
While assessing the documents the weightage would be given as below:
- Originality and clarity of the content
- Quality of the analysis and research
- Language and Structure of the essay
- Grammar, syntax and form Copyright
- All the essays submitted shall be exclusive property of Organizers.
- Organizers shall be free to use the information/ views therein in any manner it requires.
- Organizers shall not be responsible for any essay(s) not received. No essay shall be entertained if received after the deadline.
- Decision of Organizers in deciding the winner(s) shall be final and binding and NO query, correspondence etc. in this regard shall be entertained by the Organizers.
- Laws of India with the jurisdiction of courts at Delhi shall apply to this competition.
Important Dates: 5th National Essay Writing Competition on Nation and Nationalism 2021
- Last Date of Registration – 28th January 2021
- Last Date of Submission – 5th February 2021
- Announcement of Result – 12th February 2021
No submission will be accepted after the last date of submission.
- First Position – Certificate of Excellence + 5,000 INR + Publication of Essay
- Second Position – Certificate of Excellence + 3,000 INR + Publication of Essay
- Third Position – Certificate of Excellence + 2,000 INR + Publication of Essay
- Certificate of Merit would be awarded to the top ten participants [Excluding Top-Three].
- Certificate of Participation will be given to all the participants.
- Shortlisted essays will be published online with the name of the author.
- A soft copy of the Certificate of Participation will be sent to all the participants after the successful declaration of the results.
For any further details or queries, please write to [email protected] or call –
- Tanya: +91-78360 70747
- Himanshu: +91-96547 70494