Last Updated :
Faculty Development Program on Changing Facets of Law in Contemporary India @ VIPS, Delhi [July 23-28]: Register by June 30
Vivekananda Law School (VLS) is pleased to invite Faculty Members, Research Associates and Legal Professionals to a six days Faculty Development Program (FDP) on Changing Facets of Law in Contemporary India from July 23 to July 28, 2018 [Monday to Saturday].
Neither the life nor the law governing life is static. India has gone through a long journey to absorb the significant changes in various laws which have brought about changes in life of the human beings and also changed the legal scenario of the nation. From personal laws to criminal law, there has been a paradigm shift and this shift gets manifold with the advent of digital era.
This reflects the dynamism of the law and the policy makers to meet the challenges posed by the changing aspects of personal relations including live-in relationship and homosexuality, changing dimensions of human rights, expansion of the Article 21 of the Constitution subsuming every kind of right which may be available to an individual including right to privacy, onset of GST affecting lives of people, amendment in criminal law to combat the heinous crimes especially crime against women and above all the drift from the real life to the virtual existence and the threats emerging out of it.
The FDP is designed to deliberate on the serious issues of law and changing facets of law in contemporary India. The FDP aims at the professional and academic development of faculty members and legal professionals.
The FDP aims to deliberate on:
1. Recent Issues related to Personal Laws
2. Contemporary Development in Cyber Law
3. Progress in law related to Indirect Taxation laws (GST)
4. Recent Development in Intellectual Property Law
5. Changing Facets of Human Rights
6. Developments in Writ Jurisdiction
7. New Developments in Criminal Laws
Who should attend?
The FDP is designed especially for Law teachers working in various Universities, Colleges and Professional Institutes, Research Associates, and other legal professionals.
- The registration form is given in the brochure below.
- The scanned copy of the Demand Draft (DD)/ NEFT payment drawn in the name of ‘Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies’ payable at New Delhi must be sent by e-mail on or before 30th June 2018 to [email protected]
- Registration fee for Participation is Rs. 5000/- per person. Fee is non-refundable.
- Early registration i.e. before 25th June 2018, will attract the waiver of Rs 1000/- (Effective fee before 25th June will be Rs. 4000/-)
Last date for Registration: 30th June 2018
Accommodation will not be provided by VLS.
Prof. Dr. Rajni Malhotra Dhingra: 9911104791
Prof. Dr. Neeru Nakra: 9313631127
Mr. Indu Bhushan Singh: 999969358
Mr. Abhinav Singh: 9999512145, 7678493114