Deccan Education Society’s Shri Navalmal Firodia Law College, Fergusson College Campus, Pune is going to organize the National Seminar on “Sports Law in India: Issues & Challenges.”
6th March 2018
Shri Navamal Firodia Law College, Fergusson College Campus, Pune
About the Seminar
Not only in India but globally, legal regulation of sporting world has become extremely necessary. Sports are played at national and international levels. General Assembly of United Nations has adopted resolution 58/5, which recognizes sport and physical education as a means to promote education, health, development, and peace. Sports also promote careers and entertainment leading to the requirement of regulatory measures. Over the past few years, with the increasing importance of Sports, there has been an increase in the problems and controversies which have serious legal implications.
Considering the background of increasing problems and controversies with serious legal implications, to provide a firm platform for the evolution and development of sports law, we must initiate deliberation on various areas such as but not limited to Contracts, Discrimination, Match-fixing, Sexual harassment, Governance, Doping, Fraud of Age, Broadcasting rights, Health & Safety and Taxation.
Though these areas are covered by one or the other legislation; they are inadequate to do justice when it comes to the sports arena. This seminar is organized as an endeavor towards focusing these gray areas related to sport and law. We hope its outcome will be in the interest and benefit of stakeholders such as sportspersons, sports organizations, regulatory bodies, lawyers, numerous sport loving Indians and overall development of sports law jurisprudence.
- Present Regulatory Governance and issues
- Anti-doping Measures
- Legal Approach towards Sports in India
- Students: Rs. 700/-
- Professionals: Rs.1400/-
- Tea, breakfast, and lunch will be provided on 5th and 6th March only. Participants shall bear all other food expenses.
- Accommodation for participants from outside Pune will be provided only if they request and provide detail travel plan on or before 26th February 2018.
- Accommodation will be provided only on 5th and 6th March 2018.
- Participants shall bear the accommodation expenses for prior or later dates.
- Participants shall bear the traveling and all other ancillary expenses.
The last date for registration is 26th February 2018
Deccan Education Society’s Shri Navalmal Firodia Law College, Pune
Gate No.3, Tukaram Paduka Chauk,
Fergusson College Campus,
Pune – 411004
Phone: 020-30866400 / 01 / 02.
Email: [email protected]