Last Updated on by Admin LB
Chanakya Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution, Chanakya National Law University is organising a Guest Lecture on Section 34: An Appeal in Disguise on 04th December 2021.
About the University
Chanakya National Law University [CNLU] is an autonomous law university in Patna, Bihar, India. It was established in 2006 by the Government of Bihar as a public university dedicated to the field of Legal Education.
About Chanakya Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution
The Chanakya Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CCADR) has been established at Chanakya National Law University, Patna, in the year 2021, with the objective to promote academic research on themes pertaining to the resolution of disputes.
With the establishment of this research centre, we aim to develop a congenial environment for students and researchers to further their interest in ADR, which enables skill development and helps us compete at the national and international levels. CCADR will strive to promote different dispute resolution methods, get involved in the policy framework related to ADR, and encourage law students to take up activities in the field of ADR by conducting competitions, workshops, and encouraging research.
About the Guest Lecture on Section 34: An Appeal in Disguise
The lecture is a vision of CCADR to provide a platform to students as well as young practitioners to learn from the experience of ADR such as Arbitration, Mediation, Negotiation experts.
The areas that will be covered in the guest lecture include:
- The interest of guest speaker in mediation and how she came about deciding her career path;
- The climate in India for mediation currently, and any improvements that could be achieved;
- Relation between Alternative Dispute Resolution framework in a country and ease of doing business;
- Advice to participants on how to proceed with a career in ADR;
- Career landscape in the area of ADR, both in India and abroad.
The session is scheduled to be held virtually on Microsoft Teams on 04th December, from 4 PM onwards.
About the Speaker
Ms. Iram Majid is an IMI certified, and IIAM accredited MediatorMediator and member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators London UK and based in New Delhi, India. She is director of Indian Institute of Arbitration and Mediation (IIAM). She is Executive Director of Asia Pacific entre for Arbitration and Mediation. She is a Mediator in the Global panel of ombudsman United Nations. She has undergone training in mediation in many reputable institutions, including the Harvard Law School for Advance Mediation Programme on Negotiation in Harvard Law School, widely considered the best legal education institution globally, and Pepperdine University, California. She is the Co-founder and Secretary-General International Federation of Mediators in France. Iram has been empanelled with various institutions as a mediator in Australia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal and Korea. She is also MediatorMediator in a court-annexed mediation centre since 2009 – Samadhan, the Mediation and Conciliation Centre of the Delhi High Court, Indian Institute of Arbitration and Mediation, an arbitrator with Thailand Arbitration Centre, an arbitrator with Delhi International Arbitration Centre. Mediator with World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO). She won BIAMAC top 10 mediators in Asia-Pacific Awards 2019. She has done LLM in human rights.
Registration & Meeting Link
- The Registration is Free. Click HERE to register for the guest lecture.
- Click here to join the meeting on 04th December from 3:55 PM onwards.
Note: The lecture is open to all, irrespective of registration; however, the Certificate of Participation will only be provided to those who have registered for the event.
- In case of any query, feel free to write to us at [email protected] or contact the undersigned: Madhura Vaidya (Convener, CCADR): +91 77099 46181.
- For further updates about our events, follow CCADR on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram!
Reported By: Organising Team
- Law Library: Notes and Study Material for LLB, LLM, Judiciary and Entrance Exams
- Legal Bites Academy – Ultimate Test Prep Destination