3rd Gurjeet Singh Memorial National Moot Court Competition (Virtual) | 25th-27th March 2022
Moot Court Committee of NLUJAA is organising 3rd edition of Gurjeet Singh Memorial National Moot Court Competition in Virtual mode from 25th-27th March 2022. About NLUJAA The National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA) has been established by the Government of Assam by way of enactment of the National Law School and Judicial Academy, Assam Act, 2009… Read More »
Moot Court Committee of NLUJAA is organising 3rd edition of Gurjeet Singh Memorial National Moot Court Competition in Virtual mode from 25th-27th March 2022.
The National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJAA) has been established by the Government of Assam by way of enactment of the National Law School and Judicial Academy, Assam Act, 2009 (Assam Act No. XXV of 2009). The word ‘School’ was replaced by the word ‘University’ by amending the National Law School and Judicial Academy, Assam (Amendment) Act, 2011. The Chief Justice of Gauhati High Court Hon’ble Mr. Justice Sudhanshu Dhulia is the Chancellor of the University.
About Moot Court Committee
The Moot Court Committee of the institute is shouldered with the responsibility of moulding the abilities of the students and boosting their knowledge in the legal spectrum. The committee actively takes part in organising various such competitions with great zeal in order to provide the students with a platform to hone their skills, such as communication, drafting, researching and the like which are essentials for any aspiring candidate choosing to move forward in the field of law. The committee is looking forward to creating a thrilling and educated professional environment to provide the students with the required exposure to have hands-on experience at understanding and legally approaching the issues arising in the modern day society.
About 3rd Gurjeet Singh Memorial National Moot Court Competition
Prof. (Dr.) Gurjeet Singh served as the Founder Vice Chancellor of two National Law Universities, namely Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law in his home state of Punjab and the National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam.
The Gurjeet Singh Singh Memorial Moot Court Competition has been organised by the National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam, in memory of our beloved Founder- Vice Chancellor, Late Prof (Dr.) Gurjeet Singh who left for his heavenly abode on the 1st of April, 2017, out of indebtedness for his contribution and to symbolically immortalise his legacy in the annals of National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam.
This year’s moot proposition revolves around the nuances of the Constitution designed primarily to foster the basic understanding of the principles of rule of law amongst all aspiring law students. It has been clubbed with the much contended provisions of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967 and the Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 which have received the limelight in recent times.
The moot problem for this edition has been drafted by Lavkesh Bhambani and Tushar Behl, who are Associates at L&L Partners.
- Last Date of Registration for the competition is 6th March, 2022. (any changes in the same will be duly communicated)
- Memorial Submission Deadline: 21st March, 2022
Mode of Competition
The Competition shall be conducted via VIRTUAL MODE.
Official Invitation, Rule-Book and Moot Preposition
Link for the Brochure, Moot Proposition and the Rule-Book: Click Here
- A maximum of 60 teams will be allowed to participate in the competition. Slots for participating in the competition will be filled on a basis of ‘First Come, First Serve Only’.
- Each team shall register via Registration link: Click Here
- Name of the Beneficiary: National Law University and Judicial Academy Assam, Grants In Aid
- Bank Name: State Bank of India
- Branch Name: ICD Amingaon Branch, Hajo Road, Guwahati-781031
- Account No: 32432292915
- IFSC Code: SBIN 000 9201
Provisional registration, in case the team composition has not been determined, may be done by sending an email confirming participation.
Kindly direct all correspondence related to the competition to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prizes and Awards
The rewards for the participants stands as follows:
- Best Team Award: Cash prize of – INR 40,000/-
- Runners-Up Team Award: Cash prize of INR 30,000/-
- Best Speaker Award: Cash prize of INR 10,000/-.
- Best Memorial Award: Cash prize of INR 10,000/-.
- Best Researcher Award: Cash prize of INR 10,000/-.
All the participants will be awarded with Certificate of Participation.
- Neil M. Goswami (Convener): +91 88765 68897
- Aviral Vats: +91 81781 57688
- Vitthal Dixit: +91 9450 989790
- Devanshi Srivastava: +91 89539 22746
- Akansha Sharma: +91 96787 66040
Submitted By: Organising Committee