Last Updated :
Harvey Specter known as the ‘best closer’ in the city, is one hell of a lawyer. He has built his career and life around one thing: winning. He’s the picture of professional success. Harvey Specter is not only a super psychoanalyst or clergyman; as an action-taking lawyer clubbed with business-mind, who gets things done, he’s an amazing textbook. Vision without action is a daydream but action without vision is a nightmare – so be like Harvey.
Gabriel Swann Macht (born January 22, 1972) is an American actor best known for playing the role as Harvey Specter on the USA Network series Suits.
Now read these motivational mantras to yourself in the mirror every single morning and you’ll be thinking like a shark in no time…
1. I don’t pave the way for people, people pave the way for me.
Be a lawyer who doesn’t need to make way for reaching out to people rather let your success make them reach out to you.
2. Unless you’re looking to make me breakfast tomorrow, I think we’re done.
Always beware of your contact and circle, may sound selfish but keeping in touch with useless people is a complete wastage of time.
3. Harvey Specter: It’s not bragging if it’s true.
Don’t mind people calling the fruits of your success as bragging or showing off. As long as you have it it’s real and true.
4. I could be drinking a juice box and still kick your ass.
Be so confident and excellent in your field (work) that you can carry it in whatever situation you are.
5. Harvey Specter: Anyone can do my job, but no one can be me.
Be so unique and best with your style that no one can fill that void. They may replace your position and do the job but can never replace your passion and give that satisfaction.
6. According to ME is the only according to that matters.
Self-confidence is all that matters. In the legal field, once you reach a conclusion your perspective should be the only perspective to be perceived.
7. Harvey Specter: Ever loved someone so much, you would do anything for them? Yeah, well, make that someone yourself and do whatever the hell you want.
Self-love is all you need to be happy and successful do whatever it takes to make yourself happy.
8. Kill them with success and bury them with a smile.
One of the best mantra! let people tell you whatever they want, reply to them with your actions rather than words.
9. Harvey Specter: That’s the difference between you and me. You wanna lose small – I wanna win big.
If you worry about small losses and problems you will be so involved in them that there will be no room for positivity and bigger success. You can only succeed at a larger scale when you are ready to give up on small losses.
10. Sometimes good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay.
To make some people understand you need to show them the mirror, to do this you need to be their mirror. You go to do, what you gotta do.
11. Harvey Specter: You don’t send a puppy to clean up its own mess!
You cannot expect people to clean their own mess. Yeah! this is where they need a lawyer.
12. Harvey Specter: Just because a pretty girl gives you a story, doesn’t mean it is true.
To be a good lawyer you must look at things from all perspective and not just trust them blindly . just because it comes from someone you trust or looks innocent, doesn’t make their statement true. you must use your own logical judgement.
- Book Review: Rogue Lawyer by John Grisham(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Balancing the Law-life | By Arushi Bhatnagar(Opens in a new browser tab)