Last Updated :
Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU), Shimla situated amidst the lush green hills of Shimla is the 20th National Law University of India. The aim is to prepare leaders for law and law-related professionals through the integrated curriculum that emphasizes academic excellence and acceptability. To develop well-prepared law graduates capable of integrating knowledge of legal theory, practical skill, and professional values by fostering an intellectual culture that bridges theory with practice and contributing to social, economic and cultural development through intellectual products which enhance the quality of life of people of Himachal Pradesh and beyond.
About the DEBATING AND LITERARY SOCIETY OF HPNLU
The Debating and Literary Society of HPNLU has been constituted for the purpose of organizing diverse programmes to provide a distinguished platform to the students to put forth their ideas, to discover one’s potential and grow by participating in multifarious competitions and interacting with other academic institutions on a regular basis.
About the essay competition
The Debating and Literary Society of Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla (HPNLU) is pleased to announce its First National HPNLU Essay Writing Competition. HPNLU shall be obliged by the participation of each and every individual. We invite everyone with innovative ideas to participate in this event.
First National Essay Competition, 2018 being organized by HPNLU, is an attempt to provide a platform to all the students throughout the nation to exchange ideas, provide unconventional arguments, inspire change and grow together.
The theme of the competition is Privacy in the Socio-legal and Cultural Milieu.
Further sub-theme may be crafted by participants.
1. The competition is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students enrolled in any discipline in a recognized University/ College/ Institute in India.
2. Only one submission per author shall be entertained.
3. Co-authorship is not permitted.
4. All participant are requested to fill the registration form. Click Below to fill the registration form.
- All original essays submitted for this competition shall become the sole property of Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla (“HPNLU“). HPNLU shall have the right to publish the entries in the form of a journal or a book.
- A Panel of Evaluators (“Panel”) shall be constituted to select the winning entries. The decision of the Panel shall be final and binding.
- The debating society possesses the right to reject entries which do not conform to the Guidelines for Submission.
- The society has the absolute rights to cancel, defer, or postpone indefinitely, the competition in the event of the accruing of any incident, natural or man-made.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the society shall be final and binding.
- Any attempt, direct or indirect, to contact the panel of judges will be met with the immediate disqualification of the relevant entry.
- The registration fee for the competition is ₹350/– to be deposited in the
Account No – 14100110051955
IFSC Code – UCBA0001410
Bank – UCO Bank
Account Holder Name – Registrar, Seminar and Conference.
Branch – Hagol, Dhami.
Please mention your name and title of the paper in reference.
1. 2500 + certificate of merit.
2. 2000 + certificate of merit.
3. 1000 + certificate of merit.
4. All other participants will get an e-certificate of participation.
5. Top 10 entries will be published on our webpage.
How to Submit
The interested candidate may send their essay through email at [email protected] by September 8, 2018. The last date for registration and submission of essay is 8th September.
Write to us at [email protected]
You may also reach us by phone :
Convener: Priya Sharma +91 8219819141, [email protected]
Co-convenor: Yugank Goyal +91 7837971999, [email protected]
Treasurer: Shubham Mathur +91 8560981742, [email protected]
Technical – Member: Subham Saurabh +91 7275762661, [email protected]